NBC Sports Edge Forums

Willie Cauley-Stein 2017-2018 Season Outlook

After the boogie trade,WCS finally unleash and provided top 80 value below 30 minsC.jpg.b27432a801088719ce41e85c8e4c01ba.jpg

This is the first season he become regular starter,he can provide 1 stl/1 blk with good FG% and don't hurt you too much FT%(around 70% FT),I think he is undervalue in yahoo and espn(both rank around #100),any thoughts about WCS?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cedi Osman is younger than Lebron and plays the same position as well.

i was wrong...thought he'd have IR eligibility by now. clearly the guy who controls this at the NBA headquarters is playing against WCS in the playoffs.

7/5/2/1/2 with 3/3 fts is not that bad. He is currently around 100th overall. There is definitely upside here and he has shown glimpses last season and the season before that. I don't think he is drop

Posted Images

He'll have decent games, but he's very inconsistent. Could be the kind of player that helps you into the playoffs and then magically falls off the map at the worst possible time. 

At at his current price he is worth the risk, but I wouldn't hesitate to drop him in crunch time. 

Doesnt exactly have any competition at the centre spot with Koufos as back up. Should see plenty of minutes but a very inconsistent fantasy player.

Plus side his he has a high floor and i see him around the clint capela , jonas valunciunas type numbers with less blocks , may seem high on rebounds but skal is the only one who will take them off him

I’m high in WCS. Who is going to take his spot? Kings are in rebuild mode, if they can let Buddy Heild get all the minutes, then I think WCS should get his minutes as well. I think he can sustain top 80 or possibly hit 70 with the Kong’s and the mentorship of ZBo

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I’m high in WCS. Who is going to take his spot? Kings are in rebuild mode, if they can let Buddy Heild get all the minutes, then I think WCS should get his minutes as well. I think he can sustain top 80 or possibly hit 70 with the Kong’s and the mentorship of ZBo

Mentorship of Zbo? What? I wouldnt want that joker anywhere near my young team 

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/10/zach-randolph-marijuana-weed-arrest-kings-adam-silver

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/nba/article/Grizzlies-forward-Randolph-accused-of-strangling-7084659.php

http://grantland.com/features/the-controversial-life-career-memphis-grizzlies-zach-randolph/

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Yes you can point all those situations out, but at the same time he is still a veteran leader that has been to the playoffs multiple times and can provide insight on how to be dominant.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, HurricaneKid said:

One of them got 25:00 + in 4 of the last 5 games and it wasn't Trill.

The Skal/Trill/WCS trio is not ideal.  Too bad because I kind of like Skal/Trill running the court with Fox.

WCS:

G Min
October 4 12:32
November 10 11:41
December 15 12:16
January 13 12:25
February 11 21:16
March 16 31:50
April 6 27:30

PapaG:

G Min
November 1 5:47
December 1 3:16
February 4 4:07
March 10 18:49
April 6

23:33

WCS:

G Min
October 4 12:32
November 10 11:41
December 15 12:16
January 13 12:25
February 11 21:16
March 16 31:50
April 6 27:30

One of these is not like the others!

Boban is a per36 monster, but he's still behind Drummond. Between WCS and Dedmon, I'd go with WCS. Muscala is gonna eat some of Dedmon's mins, and there's really no one behind WCS except Koufas. As inconsistent as WCS was last year post Cousins, he showed that he could put up massive statlines with great fg%. Only thing you'd have to worry about is his poor ft%. 

12 minutes ago, zocalo08 said:

Boban is a per36 monster, but he's still behind Drummond. Between WCS and Dedmon, I'd go with WCS. Muscala is gonna eat some of Dedmon's mins, and there's really no one behind WCS except Koufas. As inconsistent as WCS was last year post Cousins, he showed that he could put up massive statlines with great fg%. Only thing you'd have to worry about is his poor ft%. 

WCS will hover in the low 70% with his free throws. Not bad at all for a big. 

His ceiling is possibly Nerlens. He's gonna be really solid. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, rayruuu said:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article177323231.html

Any kings fans have any thoughts on this article? Seems pretty negative and reportedly says that WCS expects Koufos/ZBO to play more time at C than him

Kosta Koufos has no right stepping foot on a NBA court. Zero offense, average defense. Why would he be played anywhere? It would be a travesty for the kings to bury anyone behind Kofous.

7 hours ago, rayruuu said:

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article177323231.html

Any kings fans have any thoughts on this article? Seems pretty negative and reportedly says that WCS expects Koufos/ZBO to play more time at C than him

i wouldn't say that is negative at all. the breakout may take a few months to happen but I am still expecting it. something like:

13 and 9 with 1.2 steal 1.2 blks 50% fg, 72% ft. 

Joerger mentioned how much they will need his rebounding and energy in that article and his comments all seemed positive. 

• Like 1

Ugh stupid pre-season blow-up games. WCS is one of my absolute must haves. First of all, he's a big on a team that doesn't project to get too many rebounds from the guard or small forward spot. Z-Bo will get his when he's in the game, but there will be plenty of opps for WCS to clean up the glass. This is also a team with no true go-to scorer. Hill Heild Randolph will get some shots up, but there will be plenty of opportunity for Willie. Also, he's in his 3rd year, which is when a lot of guys start to blow up. Reminder that he was a great shot blocker in college, and he drastically improved his ft's down the stretch. It's very likely he improves on both blocks and ft's this year. 

So, if we tie that all together, there's the real chance at a top 75 player here. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was right around 12 & 8 with 1 steal, 1.5 blocks, 50% fg, and 70% ft. He also showed the potential last year that he could get 2 dimes a game, which is just fine from the center spot (not amazing, but not a black hole). 

I don't play snake, but I think around pick 80 he's in play for me. I'm also willing to overpay for him in auctions, within reason. I'll hope to get him for 3-4% of budget, but I'd probably go 7-8% to secure him. 

Edited by Red Sox Nation
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

just got him at tail end of redraft for $7! woot

i paid exact same, and $7 was my max bid at that time lol. he will crush all other late bigs like dieng, jval, gortat, favors, etc in value in my opinion. 

18 minutes ago, richg24 said:

i paid exact same, and $7 was my max bid at that time lol. he will crush all other late bigs like dieng, jval, gortat, favors, etc in value in my opinion. 

its crazy because all those bigs you mentioned went for $10+ with favors going highest at $17 in that same draft. It was a yahoo pro100 league as well. Just goes to show there are still sleepers out there even with the abundence of media hype outlets