NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Beasley 2017-2018 Season Outlook

No more Melo and NYK is looking to tank. Beasley won't be giving you stocks or threes but this is the first time he's gonna be the most talented SF on his team since 2012 when he flopped with PHX. If he is truly renewed as a player are we could be looking at stats similar to T.J. Warren this season.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be at Zingis's expense and that certainly won't happen when he is playing well. So unless Zingis is hurt or not playing well than Beasley is looking at 15-20 min nightly. Everyone should be v

Just horrifying seeing him and Kanter on the flooor at same time. 

Posted Images

Late round flyer. My opinion though is more potential than other late round flyers to have a solid season. 

He seems really focused on basketball. The reason he left the bucks is to get more minutes to prove himself. 

I doubt he would have signed with the knicks if he wasn't promised good minutes. 

Late round flyers are usually young guys you hope have a break out season. I rather put my bets on a vet in his prime with something to prove. 

I think it can only be decent season for him at worst. 

Compared to younger guys who can be terrible decent or good. 

On 9/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, StarPig said:

Late round flyer. My opinion though is more potential than other late round flyers to have a solid season. 

He seems really focused on basketball. The reason he left the bucks is to get more minutes to prove himself. 

I doubt he would have signed with the knicks if he wasn't promised good minutes. 

im not so sure about him being promised anything...this guy struggles to even find employment, so im sure he didnt have that many offers.....

anyway, i may take him with my last pick

I doubt Beasley gets 20 minutes per game. McDermott - Kuzminskas - Dotson - L Thomas.......That's a lot of players for the SF spot. Maybe Beasley backs up Porzingis and gets additional minutes. No way he averages 15 points a game.

Hardaway and C Lee also will be on court at the same time. At least part-time if both average 26-28 minutes.

Would not draft him in a 20 team league.....Just my opinion. 

Edited by dino10k

its great that you can name a bunch of bench scrubs. Beasley is better than all those players you named by quite a bit. 

Beasly averaged 10 points and 4 boards on 17 minutes last year.  41% from 3 and 53% from the field. 

Lance Thomas averaged 6 points and 3 boards on 21 minutes.

Mcdermot averaged 10 points and 3 boards on 22 minutes. 

Kuzmika is a question mark. 

No way he averages 15 points is a crazy statement when the year before last he averaged  13 points with only 18 minutes a game. 

Beasly holds really good value, its just a matter of the playing time he will get. Im sure he is going to be getting at least 20 minutes a game. He could have stayed with the bucks if all he wanted was 15-18 mins a game. They offered him that but he refused because of minutes were too low. 

Theres no excuse of "they are going to play their young guys" all those guys at the 3 are between age 25 and 30. Beasley beats them out easily. 

Courtney lee is not even a that good but they will probably start tim and lee together but i can see beasly easily getting 6th man playing time. 

Edited by StarPig
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll tell your right now, if this guy gets 30 MPG, we might just see 2010 Michael Beasley.

30 MPG = 45.0 FG%, 73.0 FT%, 16.0 PPG, 5.5 REB, 2.0 AST

Defensive stats might not be there (guessing we'd see 0.7 and 0.4 or so for STLS and BLKS)

I'm praying this guy gets 30 MPG. I know it's just wishful thinking, but to have the opportunity to essentially roster another "Harrison Barnes" type player for almost nothing would be awesome.

• 1 month later...