NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Beasley 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It would be at Zingis's expense and that certainly won't happen when he is playing well. So unless Zingis is hurt or not playing well than Beasley is looking at 15-20 min nightly. Everyone should be v

Just horrifying seeing him and Kanter on the flooor at same time. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, King James said:

He said he's just as talented as KD and LeBron. He has the chance to prove that now, with Porzingis out. It's a long shot, but you never know, now that he'll have a healthy amount of minutes. 

He still has a team that is not  giving him the keys. They will be focused on hardaway and on their young pgs. He will still get his 13-16 shots per game, which will mean around 16-20 points per game, but he won't get the volume to keep anything above those numbers, because..boh..ask the knicks

• Like 1

Not on a fantasy related note, but it kinda sucks that once you've been pigeonholed as a bust, teams will just treat you that way (even when there's new evidence to the contrary).

His per minute production in both Houston and Milkwaukee (and now NYC) was very, very good, and he looks to be a pretty good defender by the eye test. It's funny, Derrick Rose had by far the better start to his career, but is a far worse player now, yet he continues to get chances based off what he did a decade ago whilst Beasley gets buried on the bench unless his coaches are forced to play him...

• Like 1
On 2/17/2018 at 1:00 PM, King James said:

He said he's just as talented as KD and LeBron. He has the chance to prove that now, with Porzingis out. It's a long shot, but you never know, now that he'll have a healthy amount of minutes. 

He wasn't that tier of generational prospect but he honestly wasn't that far off. People forget how good he was in school. He looks motivated. 

• Like 3

Did anybody see the game? There's literally no one on that team that can possibly cut into his minutes like that on a consistent basis. Seems like they played a lot of small ball against the magic based on the boxscore. I think this was just a one off.

Edited by sharkpotato

He kinda just floats on offense and doesn't demand the ball. It's too bad because he is the most talented guy offensively but when you have almost everyone on the team trying to prove themselves to the coach and management it's kind of hard to get on that roll.

Really doubt that he’ll get more touches or minutes after talking s*** about the team. Coach HornaSUCK will likely keep him in the doghouse. Picked him up after I lost KP but looks like it’s time to drop. Anyone still holding here?

38 minutes ago, reverb said:

Really doubt that he’ll get more touches or minutes after talking s*** about the team. Coach HornaSUCK will likely keep him in the doghouse. Picked him up after I lost KP but looks like it’s time to drop. Anyone still holding here?

I am in a 12 team league here and I have dropped him while no one picked him up. So he's sort of waiver streamer nowadays. 

Do note that 5 teams have sort of given up in the league due to bad records, thus about 6-7 are still active. 

36 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

After those comments I think I ll give him a last chance tonight. At least I expect him to show more passion on both sides.

Lol nice call. Now they report he might go to the bench :P

1 hour ago, DoctorLove said:

I started a Kyle O' Quinn thread but posting here as well since Beasley is a little more popular - who gets his minutes?  Do they go to O'Quinn?

They go to whoever has the hot hand. Silver lining that Beasley was born with it.