Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Thaddeus Young 2017-2018 outlook


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, royalm said:

Pretty quiet in here for a while. Seems like since his knee issue resurfaced he's shooting less and less (four consecutive games of single digits FGs). He's also been getting less minutes (which are going to Sabonis). Who's concerned?

 

I had to drop him to pick up Fournier but really want to bring Thad back to the squad...so conflicted (end of roster guys are Saric, Collins).

 

Dropping Thad and picking up Fournier? 8 league?

 

That being said, I'm a Thad owner. It'll be rough for a little bit but he'll get it together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel pretty much the opposite. Thad has always been a role player and he always returns mid round value every year anyway.   At this stage if his career he is only 29 and likely he will do

Young Thad appreciation post

Since no one else is giving this dude love, I will.   Top-40 value in 9-category leagues.   Averaging 17 ppg / 5 reb / 2 stls / 0.5 T/O / and over .500 FG% over his last 5 games.

10 hours ago, Rotokilla said:

 

Dropping Thad and picking up Fournier? 8 league?

 

That being said, I'm a Thad owner. It'll be rough for a little bit but he'll get it together.

 

10 Teamer. The Fournier dropper has made boneheaded moves all year, dropping solid contributors and picking up weird players like Trevor Booker. Sad thing is his super flyer adds also lucked him into Mitchell and Tyreke LOL.

 

That being said, as a Thad owner I understand you may be biased, but who would you rather have ROS between Thad/Saric/Fournier/Murray? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, royalm said:

 

10 Teamer. The Fournier dropper has made boneheaded moves all year, dropping solid contributors and picking up weird players like Trevor Booker. Sad thing is his super flyer adds also lucked him into Mitchell and Tyreke LOL.

 

That being said, as a Thad owner I understand you may be biased, but who would you rather have ROS between Thad/Saric/Fournier/Murray? 

 

That's tough. Saric has been on fire over the past month but there are other players who keep going in and out in Philly. Still I feel steals are so rare. Thad is 6th best in steals among Small Forwards, and 4th best in steals among Power Forwards. That's something you really can't ignore. I feel the other guys, while great, mostly offer offensive stats. Scoring comes in bunches when someone gets hurt in any league but it's hard to find pilfers. Up until this point, Thad has been rank 55 for this long and hopefully things get better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rotokilla said:

 

That's tough. Saric has been on fire over the past month but there are other players who keep going in and out in Philly. Still I feel steals are so rare. Thad is 6th best in steals among Small Forwards, and 4th best in steals among Power Forwards. That's something you really can't ignore. I feel the other guys, while great, mostly offer offensive stats. Scoring comes in bunches when someone gets hurt in any league but it's hard to find pilfers. Up until this point, Thad has been rank 55 for this long and hopefully things get better.

 

I feel you. The thing is I lead the league in steals by a pretty comfortable margin and recently traded Warren+Brown to get Harris so I'm all set (PG/Dipo/GHarris) even without Young. I've tried countless 2 for 1s to get value but no one bites in my league. Since stashing Lavine hasn't paid off for those 3s yet, I decided to drop Thad and now even Saric to take a flyer on Fournier and Murray. Hopefully I'll can nab them back if this experiment doesn't work out (Murray and Young both play back to back games starting today so I'll monitor closely). Thanks for your input tho, appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible development for Thad recently. We need him to bounce back pronto. It's hard to trade a top-50 glue guy playing well, almost impossible when he has been ice cold for nearly two weeks. Fruit cake is all I can trade him for right now.

 

Will certainly be floating offers if he heats up soon.

Edited by rando
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t think you can drop him unless it’s a really shallow league...still elite steals, solid FG%, and decent boards. If Dipo comes back and Thad is bad for a few games, then I would consider it, but I guarantee he’d be better than anything on the current WW in most 12+ team leagues.  I am actually trying to buy low on him currently.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ This.  The Pacers don't run set plays for Thad.  He gets involved based on rebounding, defense and in transition.  While he was struggling before Victor missed games, he hasn't been able to get back into a groove because the Pacers offense has been horrible without Victor.  Much like Myles, he benefits from the spacing and ball movement that is present with Victor on the floor.  The Pacers guards - Collison, Lance and Joseph - are not really good in the half court offense.  They tend to take long-range jump shots early in the clock or pound the ball until they have to take a quick shot to beat the shot clock.  They rarely look at Thad or Myles.  Domas seems to thrive in this chaos by crashing the boards for everything.  However, he is starting to get pretty nicked up.  Eventually, he will feel the wear on his body.  I believe the offense will improve overall once Victor comes back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...