NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Thaddeus Young 2017-2018 outlook

StarPig

7 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

11 Pts and 6 rebs with 4 TO’s?  No steals, assists, or blocks.

Yeah what a monster.  Not impressed.

Yeah, 5 TO's now, turned into a very un-thad like game quikcly. I'll take the scoring and deflections though, maybe going in right direction.

You might as well drop him dude, why torture yourself.

It still feels like we need to babysit his performance. For nearly the first two months he was a set it and forget it must-start. Maybe it’s just remembering his slump but I am not inspired to start him nightly with confidence again just yet. 

Whats really bothering me is it has it has been difficult to find a reliable correlation with his bad lines. 

7 minutes ago, rando said:

It still feels like we need to babysit his performance. For nearly the first two months he was a set it and forget it must-start. Maybe it’s just remembering his slump but I am not inspired to start him nightly with confidence again just yet. 

Whats really bothering me is it has it has been difficult to find a reliable correlation with his bad lines. 

I think the terrible stretch he had was at least in part due to Oladipo's absence. Might be a simplistic explanation, but I at least feel better now about playing him with Dipo back

1 hour ago, ak427 said:

I think the terrible stretch he had was at least in part due to Oladipo's absence. Might be a simplistic explanation, but I at least feel better now about playing him with Dipo back

I agree and you did say in part too!  He was struggling before Victor was out but it didn't help when Victor was out.  I think the big part of it is that Thad is better in transition and the PGs ...Collison, Lance and Joseph...while better in transition, tend to focus on getting to the rim themselves.  Victor helps the offense run smoother both in transition and in the half-court.  The Pacers don't run plays for Thad.  He scores based on good court awareness and being active. I think because they don't always involve him in the offense, he can be inconsistent.  The thing is over a 3 to 4 game week, or in roto, the numbers balance out on the good side.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...