NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Andre Drummond 2017-2018 Season Outlook

ballr3

Just now, HurricaneKid said:

Not only was he on the block, they didn't get any interest.

Exactly my point. He got paid, his numbers have declined, team put him on the block, and has no interest from other teams. He lost his coach and team’s confidence. I wouldn’t expect a bounce back year unless he turns into a Demarcus Cousins and starts shootin 3’s.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:39 AM, HarmStrong said:

his offensive performance greatly depends on if svg gives up on trying to make him a post player or not. it's not working and coach needs to accept he's not howard. 

My understanding is that Drummond is the one demanding post touches. SVG tried to get him to face up and use his athleticism to get past his defender. Either way, he is only an option if you can punt. 

Random side note....for every Drummond, DJ, Dwight, etc. that comes and goes through the NBA it just makes me appreciate how special Shaq was. He made himself such a dominant post player. Shaq developed skills and stayed in his prime and relevant longer than any of these new versions of Shaq. I just wish he went granny style free throws and averaged 40 a game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same reaction and checked all over reddit a bit earlier. ESPN is counting all 2's as 3's for this box score... not the first time ESPN has f**ked up this week as they had Pau playing 41 minutes in a preseason game this week lol...

Edited by two0six

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. The signs of preseason becoming real. To all stats in the preseason you can say "Yeah, it's only preseason, they play the bench guys there". But the FT% doesn't care if it's preseason or not, I got him for 8$ in my league to help me with points rebounds and steals and not hurt my FT% that much. I predict 60%+ this season.

36 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Yes. The signs of preseason becoming real. To all stats in the preseason you can say "Yeah, it's only preseason, they play the bench guys there". But the FT% doesn't care if it's preseason or not, I got him for 8$ in my league to help me with points rebounds and steals and not hurt my FT% that much. I predict 60%+ this season.

Lmao.