Andre Drummond 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never forget. ??‍♂️

he took the all star snub personally. He deserves to be all star this year more than Kevin Love or even John Wall / Lowry. The justification that winning teams get rewarded with all-stars also doesn't

When the Andre Drummond owner leads the league in FT %  

Yep, we are back to punting ft% again.  Was exciting for a little while.  He did this last year for the first few games too.  There were rumors about virtual reality, then he came out hot..then we all know what happened after that.

Forget the free throws talk, I gotta harp on these assists even more..

Through 12 games he already has 38 assists... a mark he didn't reach in 60 games in his rookie year, nor in 81 games (32 mpg) in his sophomore year.. he's really on pace to smash his old assist numbers. Career average is 0.8 and he's hitting 3.2, and back to the FTs despite going 0-7 he's still hitting around 60%+. I'm super interested in seeing what's sustainable and what's not. 

• Like 1

I'm going to give you guys a little bit of home team insight. 

Detroit switched offense this year from a pre-dominantly pick and roll offense to a motion offense. In a motion offense, the ball moves around a lot. Specifically with Detroit's offense, as part of the schemes, Drummond plays an important role in a lot of sets where they dump the ball to him, and let him facilitate from the high post. So the assists are here to stay, he should be getting better in that department as the season progresses. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mobster said:

I'm going to give you guys a little bit of home team insight. 

Detroit switched offense this year from a pre-dominantly pick and roll offense to a motion offense. In a motion offense, the ball moves around a lot. Specifically with Detroit's offense, as part of the schemes, Drummond plays an important role in a lot of sets where they dump the ball to him, and let him facilitate from the high post. So the assists are here to stay, he should be getting better in that department as the season progresses. 

I think that's a really good way to make use of a traditional big in an era that is putting less and less emphasis on having a 7'0'' non-shooter on the floor. Bogut couldn't shoot like the other Warriors starters but he could defend, and just as importantly, pass pretty damn well.