NBC Sports Edge Forums

Waiver Wire Touts - Week 4

The week 4 Waiver Wire Touts thread, is for naming Waiver Wire pickups for the week and beyond. General player discussion belongs in player threads.

Add/Drop questions, How do you rank these guys, Who should I pickup?, etc... Those type of questions need to be posted in the Assistant Coach Forum.

Cool Stories, belong in the Cool Story 2017 Thread

FAAB Waiver Wire questions belong here:  

Team Defense Questions belong here:

Thanks!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sterling Shepard (133 yds, TD) should be added wherever he was dropped

D'Onta Foreman was and still is a necessary cuff for Lamar Miller owners, at least

Ryan Griffin. TEs suck. Houston tends to use them. 61 and a TD today.

Detroit DST is 9% owned. This was their lowest scoring game of the year in my format, with 13 points. They get Minnesota next week.

Jacksonville has 28, -1, and 12 points. They'll get the Jets.

Jamaal Charles looks to be in a 50-50 timeshare.

Alex Collins making some noise in Baltimore, looked like most effective RB there.

Some joker is going to come in here and say Marcedes Lewis.  I didn't even know he was still in the league.

Goff, Keenum, Bortles, Brissett, Hoyer, and even Kizer all had great games.  They all outscored DREW BREES.  That list is like a who's who of vomit.  Just goes to show that on any given day, even a terrible QB can light it up.  It's just a question of starting them only when they light it up, because their floors can be in the basement.

44 minutes ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Alvin Kamara. Grab him while you can.

That would have been at my draft. ;)

Edited by Bandito
1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

Corey Clement? 

He could be worth a stash but that backfield still looks really crowded. Blount looked great today and Smallwood ran well. Smallwood looks like the passing down back if Sproles is out. I'd stash him over Clement. 

1 minute ago, disasterisk said:

I'll recommend Brandon Coleman again. Gets targeted in the red zone every week. I don't think Snead's return is going to affect this.

I think its really hard to think about using a guy that is completely TD dependant

Curtis Samuel of the Panthers- 

i know a few people mentioned him last week when Olsen went down that he may see an increased role. Well, now Benjamin is hurt and I’m not sure how severe the injury is. 

Funchess will Draw the main defender each week. Defenses will now key in to stop Mccaffrey with the short passes so I think Samuel is a good pickup to put on the bench. 

2 catches for 5 yards isn’t good but he did receive 5 targets. Plus a nice 31 yard run. Also, for return yard leagues, he returns kicks too. 

An obvious name but just a reminder.... Andrew Luck. Rapaport reporting he'll be back week 6. I would put better odds on Luck being a difference maker than anybody on waivers this week.

21 minutes ago, panthers528 said:

Hail Mary waiver wire pickup of the week:

JOSH GORDON

**.......and duck..............now!!!

Any owner worth his or her salt already stashed Gordon last week!

Jamaal Charles maybe.

Edited by pdog109
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic