NBC Sports Edge Forums

Travis Kelce for Tyreek Hill?

Which end of this deal do you like best, trading Travis Kelce straight up for Tyreek Hill?

Scoring format is 6 points for a TD
1 point for every 15 yards receiving/rushing 
.25 point per reception for WR's

.50 point per reception for TE's. 

Assume that the team losing Kelce has a viable replacement TE and needs a better WR. And the team losing Hill has a viable replacement WR and needs a better TE.

WHIR and thanks! 

Edited by Corleone
3 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

With that scoring system, which is interesting, I like Kelce.  A stud TE is way more valuable in this kind of league.

Thanks for responding. Going into Week 3 (as this offer came up on the weekend, before Sunday's games), I thought it could be a coin flip. My only worry is if there is some kind of Kelce injury, as it's crazy he only got 1 target yesterday. 

Just now, p0k said:

I like Kelce here...not many good TEs to go around this year, so if you can get one I'd hang on tight. 

thanks for the help on mine.

Thanks as well for the help here. I am a fan of both Kelce and Hill...wish I could just have both :)

1 minute ago, FlyingElvis said:

I like Kelce, personally. In that format and with how tough it is to find a good, healthy TE, Kelce is the better option.

Just now, BravesBaseball2 said:

For me it really depends just how bad you need a good WR like Hill but i would lean towards keeping the stud TE Kelce, especially with this scoring.

Thanks to you both - appreciate the input! 

49 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Thanks for responding. Going into Week 3 (as this offer came up on the weekend, before Sunday's games), I thought it could be a coin flip. My only worry is if there is some kind of Kelce injury, as it's crazy he only got 1 target yesterday. 

Yeah that's just game script an matchup.  SD has some of the most athletic LB's in the NFL and KC really wanted to run the ball.

I'd definitely take Kelce. Hard to replicate that sort of production with another tight end, and although he's had a pair of duds this year already, he's much more likely to produce consistently than Hill in my opinion

Edited by J Boogie
39 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

Yeah that's just game script an matchup.  SD has some of the most athletic LB's in the NFL and KC really wanted to run the ball.

Very valid point. One interesting thing is that for there fantasy playoffs, the Chiefs play the Chargers in the all-important Week 15. I wonder what will happen between these two teams the next time around. 

38 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

This is a Kelce definitive... That's a huge disparity for TE ppr and you need an elite TE in this format.

37 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

I'd definitely take Kelce. Hard to replicate that sort of production with another tight end, and although he's had a pair of duds this year already, he's much more likely to produce consistently than Hill in my opinion

29 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Despite a dud yesterday I'd keep kelce 

Thanks for the input everyone, it's much appreciated! 

9 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Can we see the rest of your team?

I'd say Kelce for now

7 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

I lean a bit towards Kelce as well, but agree on needing to see rest of your team. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/670823-trade-for-dez-or-nuke-whir/

Thanks to you both. It's a 2-QB league and I'm 3-0 so far. Along with the 2 starting QB's, we start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 RB/WR,  1 WR/TE, and 1 TE. 

QB: Big Ben, Cousins, Siemian

RB: Montgomery, McCaffrey, Cohen, Crowell, Coleman

WR: A.Brown, T.Hill, Tate, Landry, Thielen

TE: Watson

Edited by Corleone
1 minute ago, Dead Money said:

with your roster and scoring system, getting Kelce is a clear cut upgrade

I do like the addition of Kelce here. The one thing holding me back is that I am tempted to keep streaming TE's and see how it goes. So far, I've managed to get about 23 FP's over 3 games from multiple TE's, which is nothing too shabby (the WW fodder has outproduced Kelce in 2 of the 3 weeks). And with Clay and also Vernon Davis on the WW (he could be useful this week), perhaps I stick with Hill (who is the 3rd ranked WR so far...and was 4th in the scoring system last year...this year, his rushing and return yardage are likely to drop from 2016, but his receiving can have a boost).