NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, richg24 said:

in yahoo it shows that week 23 starts 03/26/2018 ... if you look at the BBM schedule Grid, that actually corresponds to week 24 on BBM grid (i dunno why this is but this is the case every season).

if you look at the BBM schedule grid under week 24, it shows starting on 03/26/2018 a.k.a. week 23 according to yahoo. so yahoos 21-23 corresponds to 22-24 on BBM, if you look at those 3 weeks Indy has 3-3-3.

weird...ok makes sense.... going to have to redo my playoff Good/Bad teams list lol

so for bbm....everything is essentially a week later to correspond with Yahoo weeks

also, going by this.... Toronto is the only team with a 2 game week....which is also the finals....

Edited by lacit1707
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I somewhat disagree.  The guy with one less game over a whole fantasy season is like 55/56 as effective as the same player with one more game.  One less game in championship week?  That player is like

Only thing ever hot about this dude is his thread. 

Using the blog writer's logic, Kevin Love, KAT, Al Horford, etc. are just role players.  Kevin, KAT and Al are all being asked to do less than they are capable of.  Carrying it a step further,  even S

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

weird...ok makes sense.... going to have to redo my playoff Good/Bad teams list lol

so for bbm....everything is essentially a week later to correspond with Yahoo weeks

exactly. don't know why or how thats possible but its been that way for years.

so what is your opinion of myles then? how much do you downgrade based on only getting 3 games in all playoff weeks? 

you will see that not many teams have great playoff schedules in those yahoo weeks. only clippers have 4-4-4, cavs go 3-4-4 and some other teams as well I can't remember right now. raptors go 4-3-2 so in my opinion are essentially worthless in h2h leagues. imagine only getting 2 derozan games in finals and he is one of your top 3 or 4 players.

edit* just checked and raps go 4-4-2 which isnt as bad. but i still avoid them all because finals is most important

Edited by richg24
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, richg24 said:

exactly. don't know why or how thats possible but its been that way for years.

so what is your opinion of myles then? how much do you downgrade based on only getting 3 games in all playoff weeks? 

you will see that not many teams have great playoff schedules in those yahoo weeks. only clippers have 4-4-4, cavs go 3-4-4 and some other teams as well I can't remember right now. raptors go 4-3-2 so in my opinion are essentially worthless in h2h leagues. imagine only getting 2 derozan games in finals and he is one of your top 3 or 4 players.

edit* just checked and raps go 4-4-2 which isnt as bad. but i still avoid them all because finals is most important

id still draft Turner...based on that schedule...but will stay away from Lowry and Derozan now....also, im more concerned with picking my #1 pick who has a bad playoff schedule...

ill just post the list i just made for others..... most teams are some combination of 3-4-3....below are lists of teams that are good - 2 x 4 game weeks... bad being no 4 game weeks...

GOOD - Charlotte (344) Chicago (344) Cleveland (344) Detroit (344) Houston (443) Clippers (444) Memphis (344) Milwaukee (344) Philadelphia (344) Portland (343) Sacramento (434) Spurs (443)

BAD - Boston (333) Indiana (333) Orlando (333) Toronto (442)

If you check hashtagbasketball's schedule it has 2 options, 1 using yahoo's weeks where the all star break is essentially 2 weeks but counts as 1 and the other option is like bbm where it counts week like a true calendar.

18 hours ago, chaiway said:

Turner showed some nice passing today... any chance he ups his assists (from the measly 1-2) as more of a focal point? Some out of position assists would be the cherry on top. 

He had zero AST last night....obviously he could have made some crisp passes in the flow of the offense but unfortunately none of those would have helped for fantasy purposes.

Edited by J.T. Marlin

Playoff schedules are irrelevant. You take 2 of the same player and 1 has more games in the playoffs, that means the other is more likely to get me there in the first place. Draft whoever is better.

Edited by miasma16
18 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

I somewhat disagree.  The guy with one less game over a whole fantasy season is like 55/56 as effective as the same player with one more game.  One less game in championship week?  That player is like 2/3 or 3/4 as effective. 

Clearly, it's not the same. 

Well put, I tried to like and say thanks but could only do 1.

2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I somewhat disagree.  The guy with one less game over a whole fantasy season is like 55/56 as effective as the same player with one more game.  One less game in championship week?  That player is like 2/3 or 3/4 as effective. 

Clearly, it's not the same. 

Then trade later with some team fighting for a playoff spot. I do this in H2H almost every year. I'm not picking a worse player in the 2nd round because of playoff schedules. If you don't get there because you passed on Turner, you're going to be kicking yourself. 

13 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Then trade later with some team fighting for a playoff spot. I do this in H2H almost every year. I'm not picking a worse player in the 2nd round because of playoff schedules. If you don't get there because you passed on Turner, you're going to be kicking yourself. 

Harden vs Westbrook. Kat vs AD. It could be a tie breaker. I don't have anyone tied with Turner but come draft day if either of those 2 instances occur playoff schedule may act as the tie breaker.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

I don't really care about Turner, my point is you're not getting to the playoffs based upon your first or second round pick.  You get in the playoffs based upon the totality of your moves throughout the year, and for me that's like 20+ moves even in a weekly league.  As in, more moves than there are weeks.

But once you're actually in the playoffs?  Yeah, I want my studs- many of which are interchangeable assuming you build around their strengths- playing as many games as possible.

I go into every league, every year, assuming my management skills can get me into the playoffs, by default.  More often than not, I'm right.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I don't really care about Turner, my point is you're not getting to the playoffs based upon your first or second round pick.  You get in the playoffs based upon the totality of your moves throughout the year, and for me that's like 20+ moves even in a weekly league.  As in, more moves than there are weeks.

But once you're actually in the playoffs?  Yeah, I want my studs- many of which are interchangeable assuming you build around their strengths- playing as many games as possible.

I go into every league, every year, assuming my management skills can get me into the playoffs, by default.  More often than not, I'm right.

Isaiah Thomas was the most owned player on Top 500 public team leagues in both formats on Yahoo. Pretty indicative of the most valuable player in private leagues. Nobody got him off the wire. He went in the early rounds. It was Durant for most of the year. 

If you fail early in the draft, you're not winning a championship. It doesn't matter how many moves you make if you drafted 4 stiffs in the first 5 rounds. Taking a worse player because they have a better playoff schedule is one of many ways to fail at the 2nd round of a draft. 

4 hours ago, turner46 said:

Harden vs Westbrook. Kat vs AD. It could be a tie breaker. I don't have anyone tied with Turner but come draft day if either of those 2 instances occur playoff schedule may act as the tie breaker.

Well if it's your tiebreaker it's completely different, but then we're getting into league and roster specifics, and you're going to be picking a guy that fits your team better (or multiple other criteria) first anyway. 

3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Yeah, draft day is really a small percentage of the battle, the waiver wire and picking the right guys on the right nights ends up being more important. My teams usually look anywhere from 50% to 90% different by season's end. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Yeah, draft day is really a small percentage of the battle, the waiver wire and picking the right guys on the right nights ends up being more important. My teams usually look anywhere from 50% to 90% different by season's end. 

I also think that play-off schedule is one of the less important things to consider during draft. And only case is if there is really two almost same value and same position players, then you can prefer a one with better PO schedule. Last week of the playoff is anyway a big mess - some teams tanking, already play-off teams put their studs on rest etc. I know, it is not a last week, because fantasy playoff finishes 10 days before the regular season end, but these DND-s are starting earlier.

4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Isaiah Thomas was the most owned player on Top 500 public team leagues in both formats on Yahoo. Pretty indicative of the most valuable player in private leagues. Nobody got him off the wire. He went in the early rounds. It was Durant for most of the year. 

If you fail early in the draft, you're not winning a championship. It doesn't matter how many moves you make if you drafted 4 stiffs in the first 5 rounds. Taking a worse player because they have a better playoff schedule is one of many ways to fail at the 2nd round of a draft. 

No one was close to implying that one player you picked up off the waiver would save your season. 

The point is one game throughout the season means nothing.  One game in a, playoff week means a lot. 

Things get especially spicy if you're looking at one category. What category are you drafting Ibaka for this year? Are you gonna win that cat in a week when he had two games? 

11 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

This is a sweeping generalization. I only played in 2 money leagues last year. 1 I was very active in and lost in the auction, saddled in 15/16 place all season. The other I won on draft night, ignored from about December on and wasn't threatened the rest of the year. 

Generally, yes, it's a wire game. But that's because generally you end up somewhere in the middle of the pack after the draft. You'll end up lower if you evaluate players wrong by overvaluing the playoffs. The impact of one player vs. another is way bigger in the early rounds. Don't outthink yourself. 

Edited by miasma16
7 minutes ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

They say you can't win your league at the draft, but you can lose it.  I believe it (having done so lol)

That is true, but I correct a little bit. You can't win league at the draft first 3-4 rounds, but you can take a big step towards the winning during middle rounds.

• Like 1