NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, NBatum88 said:

Still can't believe I picked this guy over Porzingis

Holy smokes dude... I literally did that too and now I’m in shambles..... figured Turner with the keys to the franchise he’d be getting 18-20ppg 10-12rebs with a decent amount of blocks... 

im shaking my head too bro. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

The thing is the bad we expected were Mid 30 FP lines not the teens and low 20s 

Right. Very disappointing. I had hoped he had lingering effects of that concussion but it seems that the offence is content with The Oladipo show... :/

Is the buy-low officially up? Some goon immediately sent a dedmon trade offer lol. 

He's never going to be a high volume shooter, so we just need to hope for those 8-12, 10-14 fg games. But I get angry when I see Thad shoot more than him. How's he going to drop 25 on Whiteside, and then ghost on us against Vooch?

His good days will be - prime ibaka and the bad -  biyombo's twin. 

2 hours ago, mackdonald said:

I don’t think he’s a big rebounding guy to begin with. 

He just had a big rebounding game the last game. 

He’ll have good and bad games. Players have some good and some bad. 

But 6'11 centers should not have consistent bad rebound games. 3 of his last 4 games, he's had 5 rebounds. That's ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown said:

Is this guy going to make up for this on Friday? Who knows .... Apparently he tweaked his ankle lol

Suicidal thoughts for me.... along as everyone else who drafted him in the 3rd round.. :/

Hope he finds his stride. I hope the Oladipo show slows down.

Edited by ejaggit

25 minutes ago, Mutill said:

How injury prone is this guy? I feel like he's very constantly sidelined. I received a trade offer to give my Tyreke Evans for him. I want to because Tyreke is ofc injury prone but I'm not sure if it's the same for Turner.

If someone offers you Myles Turner for Tyreke Evans, you take it. You may also be sent to prison for robbery.

Edited by Jfowl

23 minutes ago, Mutill said:

No, I'm new to fantasy basketball and I remember him being sidelined during last seasons but I'm not sure if that's something to watch out for.

Tyreke out of the two is more of an injury scare. Both are decent players now that Tyreke is back on track career wise. Myles' value is currently based mostly on his blocks, which bumps him massively compared to if you punt blocks (with 3rd round; without 11th). But he's most likely underperforming. All in all, I'd say make the trade. If you don't need blocks, you should be able to flip Myles for some other player better than Tyreke.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

7 minutes ago, Mutill said:

Is it really that black and white? Tyreke has been playing his best bball since his rookie year and Turner's usage seems extremely low. Is this reaction just because Tyreke is very injury prone?

Blocks are pretty hard to come by. Tyreke offers nice multi-cat value, but the injury history should be taken into account. As I stated above (in my edited post), if you don't need blocks you should be able to flip Myles for some other player who's less of an injury scare than Tyreke, but giving similar value.

edit. Myles is a nice piece in the sense that he doesn't really hurt you anywhere. I also feel that he's currently not performing to his potential.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

Just now, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Blocks are pretty hard to come by. Tyreke offers nice multi-cat value, but the injury history should be taken into account. As I stated above (in my edited post), if you don't need blocks you should be able to flip Myles for some other player who's less of an injury scare than Tyreke, but giving similar value.

Yeah. I'm in a points league and blocks just give 1 point, so nothing crazy there. I'm mostly trading for the upside and just to stay away from the injury bug, lol.

If you can flip this guy for another player with decent value, do it. This guys usage is to low to be a factor an offence. Might have a nice game here or there. He won’t score much, he diffently won’t rebound you much or get you assists. He will get you blocks and that’s it. Will help in turnovers also because he hardly touches the ball. 

1 minute ago, mas10 said:

If you can flip this guy for another player with decent value, do it. This guys usage is to low to be a factor an offence. Might have a nice game here or there. He won’t score much, he diffently won’t rebound you much or get you assists. He will get you blocks and that’s it. Will help in turnovers also because he hardly touches the ball. 

I dont think you get the idea who Myles Turner is... Myles is all about elite %s, elite blocks & decent rebounds & points. Efficiency.

He is not Demarcus Cousins.

• Thanks 1