NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I somewhat disagree.  The guy with one less game over a whole fantasy season is like 55/56 as effective as the same player with one more game.  One less game in championship week?  That player is like

Only thing ever hot about this dude is his thread. 

Using the blog writer's logic, Kevin Love, KAT, Al Horford, etc. are just role players.  Kevin, KAT and Al are all being asked to do less than they are capable of.  Carrying it a step further,  even S

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on my Turner and Rubio for his Simmons and Conley...

pull it. you get the best player in the deal plus and I would take Conley over Rubio by a fair margin. just know youre going to be punting FT if you get Simmons but its worth it cause hes such a beast and will only continue to get better.. Turner is 2015 Ibaka

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ThottiePippen said:

pull it. you get the best player in the deal plus and I would take Conley over Rubio by a fair margin. just know youre going to be punting FT if you get Simmons but its worth it cause hes such a beast and will only continue to get better.. Turner is 2015 Ibaka

Yup thought about it for a few minutes and pulled the trigger.  I get to dump these two frustrating players with low usage - Rubio who is barely above waiver wire material at this point, and Turner who isn't doing squat, isn't getting minutes, and only blocks shots.  Plus I get a potential stud back in Conley.  Just have to ride out 2-3 more weeks with him injured.   Plus Simmons will be HELLA fun to own.  

Now that happened watch Rubio get hot and Turner go bananas.  

Edited by hipriest69

I mean he's still ranked 35th on the year I got him 28th. Hasn't been dominant but he's also an efficiency guy, which is boring and not as fun as the popcorn stats. Just don't give up on him too low, sure make a deal if it's a good one. 

30 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

Meh. Dude needs to give us occasional 2nd round value, this isn't it. Bust incoming.

People are in here again whining when a guy gets 6 assists and 4 blocks? 

These owners, man. Insufferable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Thank you. The guy got 6 assists, 7 Rebounds, and 4 blocks. This year it is extremely difficult to come across players who can block with consistency. He isn't a Top10 player like rotoworld promises in every blurb, but he is no where near as atrocious this thread makes him out to be.

2 minutes ago, Identikit said:

LOL. seriously what are these people expecting? 30PPG?

26ppg 2 3s 12rpg 4 ast 1 stl 4blks

Hmm sounds like hakeem or cousins there. Which is obviously shouldnt be Turner's projection/expectation

8 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

26ppg 2 3s 12rpg 4 ast 1 stl 4blks

Hmm sounds like hakeem or cousins there. Which is obviously shouldnt be Turner's projection/expectation

Exactly this....we gotta stop expecting 20-10 games guys...he's doing fine and can only go up. Sit back and enjoy the blocks, if not, trade him and move on while the rest of us appreciate what we got

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You're being dopey. Unless you're in a four cat points league, he's under-delivering for where he was drafted. Low points, high turnovers, awful FG%, weak rebounds today.

• Like 1

You must have a s--- team if you’re okay with just the blocks stats .... the points for one is being underachieved. Most people got him in the 2nd or early 3rd. The complaints wouldn’t be here if it was just the blocks we was trying to get at the 4th or 5th round.

Edited by The Unknown
3 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Rotoworld before: 2nd round guy with 1st round potential!

Rotoworld now: top 40! No reason to complain!

People just look stupid when they come into complain after he actually has a good game. Nobody wants to hear whining, especially when it's not even warranted. 

wish the turner owner in my league was like you guys (offered ad for turner and whitside rejected)

hes a safe 2nd/3rd that gets his value from blks, %'s low t/o, and some threes

if your whining about his production thats on you for not know what you were getting drafting him and expecting stats that you shouldnt have

if you were expecting realistically 16-18pts 9reb with the blks, threes, %'s he should of been taken in the 1st rd

Edited by colepenhagen
13 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

People just look stupid when they come into complain after he actually has a good game. Nobody wants to hear whining, especially when it's not even warranted. 

Huh are you saying that im complaining?

Anyways yeh except for a few I dont think many people here r complaining. Probably complaining at the value they got him for maybe. 

Its funny tho how rotoworld approaches this lol

Nonetheless, it's almost impossible to find bigs that has positive net value in Ft% BLKs 3s and TOs. Not the most efficient night but hey... 4 blks.. 6 assists.. isn't Turner leading the league in Blks as well?

Edited by bhkim814
  • Thanks 1