NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I somewhat disagree.  The guy with one less game over a whole fantasy season is like 55/56 as effective as the same player with one more game.  One less game in championship week?  That player is like

Only thing ever hot about this dude is his thread. 

Using the blog writer's logic, Kevin Love, KAT, Al Horford, etc. are just role players.  Kevin, KAT and Al are all being asked to do less than they are capable of.  Carrying it a step further,  even S

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JooCraig said:

Just traded for him. He’s been solid but I’m thinking he’ll have a huge blow up soon. He was way too good last season there was a reason for the hype going into the season. 

For who? There was hype because PG was leaving and we all thought he was going to the man on the team. None of us saw Dipo, Thad, Bogdanovic, or Sabonis stealing his spotlight. 

7 minutes ago, #coco said:

For who? There was hype because PG was leaving and we all thought he was going to the man on the team. None of us saw Dipo, Thad, Bogdanovic, or Sabonis stealing his spotlight. 

I think he’ll be fine man. We’re two and a half months in I don’t see all those guys keeping their value aside from Dipo, but I do see Myles taking a step up. 

I traded DeAndre/Kuzma for Myles Turner/RHJ

Feel like I got the best player out of it so I’m cool. 

Edited by JooCraig
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, #coco said:

Please. Oladipo is obviously much better than expected, but him hoisting 18 shots per game was pretty obvious by simply looking at Indiana's roster. Again, though, this is pretty off-topic. 

7 weeks, 7 wins in blocks category, and it looks like i am going to win it again. And people here act like he is Davis West or Ekpe Udoh. Myles will give you a couple of 3s sometime, he's efficient, currently shooting 49,5% from the field, 79,5 % from the line and has only 1,5 turnovers per game but people tend to overlook efficiency stats in favors of the counting popcorn stats. I understand that there are people who expected a big leap without PG in the team, but it looks like Myles is just not that type of player, who will be a 1st or 2nd option on offense. I am fine with Myles, i don't consider him a bust at all, he's ranked 25th in the last 30 days. And i don't depend on his usage that much, I am punting points, i drafted a really fine team overall and i can leave with classic Myles

Edited by GmGodine
  • Like 3

eh, nobody expected him to be a 10+ rpg guy, but without PG it was reasonable to think he could beat 14ppg (his current avarage).

the blocks are nice, but many of us invested a 2nd or 3rd round pick in him. And the expectation was not to get a 2nd Version of Clint Capela (who was there in the later rounds)

• Like 2

I am also a very satisfied owner of M. Turner, obviously the concussion had its effects on his overall game, but I believe the only way he is gonna trend is up towards getting better and better... the offense will come, as he proved to us his first game of the season... He should be fine and 1st round value sometime down this long season is still a possibility, in my humble opinion...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, adithmuluk said:

I am also a very satisfied owner of M. Turner, obviously the concussion had its effects on his overall game, but I believe the only way he is gonna trend is up towards getting better and better... the offense will come, as he proved to us his first game of the season... He should be fine and 1st round value sometime down this long season is still a possibility, in my humble opinion...

That first game was against the Nets though.. Everybody feasts against them. I like Turner a lot but 1st round value is wishful thinking IMO. If i were an owner I would expect top 40 value with a ceiling of top 20 possibly.

Offense wont be consistent until Thad "I'm still relevant in this league, I swear" Young gets traded. 

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Myles Turner 2017-18 21 18 17 29.1 5.4 11.2 .488 0.8 2.5 .333 4.6 8.7 .532 .525 2.1 2.7 .792 0.9 6.4 7.3 1.5 0.3 2.4 1.6 3.0 13.8
2 Thaddeus Young 2017-18 29 25 25 33.1 5.9 12.0 .490 1.1 3.1 .359 4.8 8.9 .536 .537 0.4 0.7 .556 2.0 4.1 6.1 2.0 1.6 0.4 1.3 2.2 13.3

Thad is getting more minutes, and more shot attempts on worse PER and worse True Shooting%. Give 4 of those shot attempts and 6 of those minutes to Myles and you're looking at him averaging 18 or 19pts and 8.5rebs easy If Thad gets shipped out, we'll see an explosion.

Edited by RCRanger03
1 minute ago, RCRanger03 said:

Offense wont be consistent until Thad "I'm still relevant in this league, I swear" Young gets traded. 

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Myles Turner 2017-18 21 18 17 29.1 5.4 11.2 .488 0.8 2.5 .333 4.6 8.7 .532 .525 2.1 2.7 .792 0.9 6.4 7.3 1.5 0.3 2.4 1.6 3.0 13.8
2 Thaddeus Young 2017-18 29 25 25 33.1 5.9 12.0 .490 1.1 3.1 .359 4.8 8.9 .536 .537 0.4 0.7 .556 2.0 4.1 6.1 2.0 1.6 0.4 1.3 2.2 13.3

Thad is getting more minutes, and more shot attempts on worse PER and worse True Shooting%. Give 4 of those shot attempts and 6 of those minutes to Myles and you're looking at him averaging 18 or 19pts and 8.5rebs easy If Thad gets shipped out, we'll see an explosion.

Even if we're discussing trade scenarios, that won't be until the first week of February that anything happens. Basically we're slated to see this sort of offensive production from him for at least another 2 months IF anything happens for Thad

I don't think we will see Thad go anywhere unless the Pacers season starts to tank which is unlikely.  Thad has been an integral part of why the Pacers have been successful this year.  He works well within the flow of the offense regardless of who is on the floor and is a solid defender who is aggressive.  He gets more shots than Turner because he tends to follow shots to the rim and is aggressive in attacking the basket.  Unfortunately, Turner and Sabonis aren't as effective playing together as was initially hoped.  Maybe their effectiveness will improve as they become more familiar with one another.  . 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

That first game was against the Nets though.. Everybody feasts against them. I like Turner a lot but 1st round value is wishful thinking IMO. If i were an owner I would expect top 40 value with a ceiling of top 20 possibly.

You may be right. He did score 25 against Miami 2 or 3 weeks ago thou , and if he made all 3 of his 3pt attempts his last game, his line would’ve been 20/7/6 with those golden 4 blocks... maybe 1st round value is wishful thinking, but flirting with at least the end of the 1st round value or somewhere between top 12 - top 20, is within his reaches in terms of realistic possibilities, again this is based on my personal and humble opinion... :) 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

What are you even trying to emphasize here? If he's getting 4 less MPG and .8 less FGA per game, that means he's shooting more when he's on the floor. His TS% is irrelevant, because Thad has been better across the board except on the rare occasions where he's forced his way to the foul line. Don't try to blame Thad playing well for Turner underachieving to date.

Edited by miasma16
25 minutes ago, Dapro said:

For people who watch Pacers game, why Turner doesn't rebound? Does he just blocks out for others like Lopez brothers?

Not great at boxing out and very active rebounders around him in Young and Oladipo. Oh, and it's a shootaround: no defense, both teams draining easy buckets.

Edited by doomz
28 minutes ago, Dapro said:

For people who watch Pacers game, why Turner doesn't rebound? Does he just blocks out for others like Lopez brothers?

Im watching the current game and I think Turner just does not know how to position himself to get a rebound. He is not good at predicting where the ball will go and getting to that point. Seems as though the Pacers do a lot of switching on defense as well which leads to Turner chasing people on the 3 point line which leads to him being very far away from rebound opportunities.

• Like 1