NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Myles Turner 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Obviously he's complete s--- right now, but the pacers are complete s--- without Dipo.

Just 6 games ago, he put up 23pts/9rebs/6blks. 

I wish I had him in less leagues just so I could buy low on him from you guys. 

Yes, he's ridiculously frustrating this year. But he still has the upside and potential. 

I get wanting to blow off steam on here since really what else can we do.. it's not like we can text him and be like "dude wtf are you doing, get your s--- together".

But if any of you drop... you'll really. really.. really...... regret it sooner than later. 

I wish this guy showed some passion. Some fire that made him believe that he could be great if he wanted to. Talent's all there , but at some point you gotta just have  "IT" . It's easy to see some guys really want to be good and are hungry to show it like Donovan Mitchell, Isaiah Thomas, KAT.... we all know he's going to have another beast game at some point, but he has to be more assertive and engaged offensively and defensively. Can't just sit back and watch the guards rebound when the ball is coming your way anymore. 

Still, holding 100% cuz he's gonna get better . 

So let me get this straight. All this time i was reading posts on what a bust Turner is because Dipo is getting in his way to became a 1st round value guy, That time Turner was producing early round value. Now Dipo goes down, Turner's value falls off a cliff and there is no word on how Lance is running this team???? WTF? I guess there was no logic behind some of Dipo's arguments, there were only jealous petty people that their guy wasnt a No1 star player. If a s---y player like Lance mess with your 2nd round pick, you dont get the feeling to blame him because you are not jealous of his owners. Did i get it right?

2 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

Obviously he's complete s--- right now, but the pacers are complete s--- without Dipo.

Just 6 games ago, he put up 23pts/9rebs/6blks. 

I wish I had him in less leagues just so I could buy low on him from you guys. 

Yes, he's ridiculously frustrating this year. But he still has the upside and potential. 

I get wanting to blow off steam on here since really what else can we do.. it's not like we can text him and be like "dude wtf are you doing, get your s--- together".

But if any of you drop... you'll really. really.. really...... regret it sooner than later. 

You didn't mention that Sabonis has been solid without oladipo. Also, his two best games -- the one you mentioned and his first game of the season -- were both against the nets and their awful front court. If he can only be productive with a healthy oladipo in the lineup that's bad for all of us. 

I don't think anyone's serious about dropping him. But these consistently inconsistent games are about to give me an aneurysm. Can't be having that during playoffs. 

24 minutes ago, Manos A said:

So let me get this straight. All this time i was reading posts on what a bust Turner is because Dipo is getting in his way to became a 1st round value guy, That time Turner was producing early round value. Now Dipo goes down, Turner's value falls off a cliff and there is no word on how Lance is running this team???? WTF? I guess there was no logic behind some of Dipo's arguments, there were only jealous petty people that their guy wasnt a No1 star player. If a s---y player like Lance mess with your 2nd round pick, you dont get the feeling to blame him because you are not jealous of his owners. Did i get it right?

It was definitely jealousy with dipo, but now I think it's more of a "how're you gonna let a scrub like Lance make you look like a beta" attitude. 

8 minutes ago, #coco said:

It was definitely jealousy with dipo, but now I think it's more of a "how're you gonna let a scrub like Lance make you look like a beta" attitude. 

More like "omega" attitude...:(

On 10/13/2017 at 8:45 AM, svtballa said:

No one is concerned with this guy?   I  can see his FG% dropping and his TO'S increasing.   Little life lesson for you boys.   When everyone Zigs you Zag,  I will be passing on him this year.  Good luck

HMMMM So far my passing on him in round 3 for Beal is paying off.  I feel for the guys who spent a second on him.

9 hours ago, Manos A said:

You're right, there was absolutely no logic behind people blaming Oladipo. Removing someone that initiates offense doesn't help someone that can't. Just another example of the mouthbreathing in this thread. 

I also own Turner and by trading him right now I would be trading for pennies on the dollar.

I'm hoping Dipo coming back will help him and get Lance out of the starting 5. Not sure how their PNRs/PNPs vary between the two but feel like Dipo and Turner probably have better chemistry and unload some pressure from everyone in the starting 5. At this point, I have to hope he gets a couple good games together and sling him for Unicorn or Hassan. Just rotating bigs during this disappointing stretch.

He's still tied for first with KD in blocks per game....could be a selling point.