Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Nikola owns himself in fantasy

The answer to this question as well as other life mysteries such as the meaning of life, whose cruel idea it was to have the letter 's' in the word lisp and why the word abbreviation is so long can be

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Going to try the ol' sold him high and buy him low maneuver if he has another disappointing few games 

There are times I wish played in a buy low sell high type league. 

So annoying. What could've been an even bigger monster night (and the previous nights past few games where hes been struggling) had Vogel just realized from the beginning that this kid single handedly brought them back from a near 20 point deficit in that 1st half/3rd q and they've now lost every game where (coincidentally? hmmm) he's also struggled to perform in those same exact games they've lost (and still doing decently I might add, despite being uninvolved except from the occasional EP alley/assist but a slasher/3pt spot up for them essentially). Something's gonna change. I haven't been watching the Magic games 100% closely enough so I can't comment if Vogel is still experimenting with different types of offense. Yes I know it's the Fournier/Vuc show majority of the time but every game I've watched so far I swear, he's underutilized being nothing but a spot up shooter or slashes. You'd think last year/this preseason/start of season would've at least told them something but guess we'll have to be patient, whatever the reason is

• Like 1

I am not implying that Aaron is a sell high because his numbers are definitely sustainable, but if i needed a pg and they offered me Lowry for him i would gladly accept. In fact i am in need of a pg but i was offered CJ instead and i am about to pull the trigger. You can not say for sure that Lowry is a better asset this year than Gordon but you can not the opposite as well, it shows though how much Gordon has raised his value from last year.

40 minutes ago, Manos A said:

I am not implying that Aaron is a sell high because his numbers are definitely sustainable, but if i needed a pg and they offered me Lowry for him i would gladly accept. In fact i am in need of a pg but i was offered CJ instead and i am about to pull the trigger. You can not say for sure that Lowry is a better asset this year than Gordon but you can not the opposite as well, it shows though how much Gordon has raised his value from last year.

CJ as in CJ McCollum? I would definitely pull the trigger. CJ is a consistent top 25 player, which could be Gordon's value in a really optimistic best case scenario, so you either win or go even.  

And yes, Lowry is a better asset than Gordon and it's not even close.. Lowry has been a borderline 1st rounder for two years in a row, he's currently ranked #22 overall while  putting up top 5 value over the last two weeks. That wouldn't be selling high, that would be a robbery, especially in 8cat with no TO

• Like 1

Gordon gets almost no looks when he’s on the court with Fournier and Vucevic. I’m not saying the offense should go through Gordon every play but it’s pretty ridiculous that they aren’t developing him and instead are feeding two average talents.

5 minutes ago, CanucksForever said:

just wondering, would you guys do Aaron Gordon for Covington? 

The answer to this question as well as other life mysteries such as the meaning of life, whose cruel idea it was to have the letter 's' in the word lisp and why the word abbreviation is so long can be found here:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/forum/20-assistant-coach-help-forum/

• Haha 9

Beast line, but here's my question: he's clearly the best player on this team so WHY the hell are Fournier, Simmons, Vucevic and freakin T-ROSS all taking more shots than him? I swear this dude would be avging 25 ppg if he got 15 shots a game. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Beast line, but here's my question: he's clearly the best player on this team so WHY the hell are Fournier, Simmons, Vucevic and freakin T-ROSS all taking more shots than him? I swear this dude would be avging 25 ppg if he got 15 shots a game. 

Fournier loves to shoot and even when Gordon calls for it he just jacks it up.

Bringing Simmons in as a starter is also not helping AG since he also hasn't met a shot he didn't like.

I do think that Vooch is really good though and they are definitely looking for him as a 1st option in the offense. A marked improvement since the year that skiles would bench both him and dipo 

Ridiculous how these coaches like on the Magic or Twolves can't rein these guys in.. Gordon takes 7 shots in the first half and goes 4/7, and he finishes the game 5/10.. that means you allowed him to shoot 1/3 in the 2nd half when he had what 3 3 pointers in the first half? It's absolutely stupid. There is a reason why they've been sliding in the standings and their record is going down the drain, and the fact that they don't realize this guy should be their go-to guy instead of a last option 3 point shooter is a big part of it..

Amazing how he salvages his value with all around lines and continues being a top 30 ranked player despite all of this.

6 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Fournier loves to shoot and even when Gordon calls for it he just jacks it up.

Bringing Simmons in as a starter is also not helping AG since he also hasn't met a shot he didn't like.

I do think that Vooch is really good though and they are definitely looking for him as a 1st option in the offense. A marked improvement since the year that skiles would bench both him and dipo 

It's fine to have Vucevic as the go-to guy, but Gordon should be the 1B right next to him.. not Fournier. Fournier is a glorified Bojan Bogdanovic. He's getting to jack up shots on a bad team and make a name for himself while the team loses games. He should at best be their sixth man given the way he plays, not their go-to option offensively. 

3 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

It's fine to have Vucevic as the go-to guy, but Gordon should be the 1B right next to him.. not Fournier. Fournier is a glorified Bojan Bogdanovic. He's getting to jack up shots on a bad team and make a name for himself while the team loses games. He should at best be their sixth man given the way he plays, not their go-to option offensively. 

Hit the nail on the head, Vuc is great and more than capable of being the #1, but at worst AG should be the second option behind him, not trailing scrubs like Simmons and T-Ross. Ugh, just unleash the beast already.