Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Nikola owns himself in fantasy

The answer to this question as well as other life mysteries such as the meaning of life, whose cruel idea it was to have the letter 's' in the word lisp and why the word abbreviation is so long can be

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Two can play that game, if KD goes down with an injury or more DNP-CDs..... 

Ehh this is kind of a strawman. KD is top notch and 2 guys is his appropriate value.

Similiarly, 3 weeks ago I was offered james harden for Wall and Aaron. i rejected it, but with Walls recent struggles and injury, that could cost me big time not taking that offer. But Gordons recent play has me feeling somewhat better about it.

So yea not to get too off topic here, it seems the common denominator here is that AAron is good enough to be packaged with another good player to fetch an elite one

7 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Ehh this is kind of a strawman. KD is top notch and 2 guys is his appropriate value.

Similiarly, 3 weeks ago I was offered james harden for Wall and Aaron. i rejected it, but with Walls recent struggles and injury, that could cost me big time not taking that offer. But Gordons recent play has me feeling somewhat better about it.

So yea not to get too off topic here, it seems the common denominator here is that AAron is good enough to be packaged with another good player to fetch an elite one

Strawman?...Don't use that word out of context please. I didn't misrepresent what he was saying or change his argument. He was giving a best case scenario for himself where he projects Love loses his value because of IT, yet not mentioning the other side of the coin which is - KD has been injury prone the last few seasons, and is now missing games again with ankle ailments the past few and some DNP-CDs. 

Of course everyone will justify trades to themselves, but he gave up 2 2nd rounders (currently) for a top 3 pick. There are always two sides to a story, and he painted a best case scenario.

You could not have foreseen Wall getting injured, so it's not the same thing. You got unlucky. The deal is somewhat equal, I wasn't the one who said it was a rip off - that was another user. Personally, I wouldn't do it as the AG owner because you're giving up plenty of stats and AG isn't really that far off what KD is doing. 

Edited by Lifschitz

was doing this with a few weeks left of last season, then in PS, now he's doing it this regular season. No signs of him slowing down, make sure u get your 2nd or 3rd round value. I personally got him at 102 (a joke, right?)  and will enjoy watching him beast it this whole season.

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Ever notice how when Gordons getting the ball and being aggressive, the team does well. and when the other inferior guys try to play selfish hero ball, the team falters

Gordon is the most selfish player on the team.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

Gordon is the most selfish player on the team.

Quite possibly but I would also argue that Gordon is the best overall player on the team - when he's on fire magic usually end up winning 

4 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

This guy just kills me. One night hes putting up 40 with 12 boards, another hes mr. invisible. 8 minutes and -1 fantasy point so far :angry:

Completely false lol .. he basically puts up a big line or another almost every game, there's a reason he's ranked top 20.. shut up please don't whine when it's not warranted.

also, premature, he took 1 shot the entire first quarter, boy are you going to look dumb if he finishes with a good line. Just hold your horses before you smash that keyboard with every thought that enters your head.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

He's cooled off a bit, but still putting up full lines even when it's not his night. 

This "cooled off" thing that people keep throwing around.. he's young and still learning. He's still got 50% FG on the season, he's due for some off-games, he's not Giannis or KD. Like I said earlier in this thread, he had about a 6-7 game stint earlier this month where he shot 20% from 3 point and did terrible from that range, then he bounced back big time with 3 huge games of 50% or more from 3. Ebbs and flows man! It's about the average, not game to game. The positives are that he continues to hoist up a ton of 3's, we want to see that, it's imperative to his outstanding value that he continues hitting them at a high rate.

Cooled off would be if he went dead for a few weeks, not 2 games. Like you said, he's still getting it done in other areas. 

Really don't understand the complains. Most people got this guy in the late middle rounds or even later, and he's completely crushing his ADP. Even on bad shooting nights he offers a sprinkle of a little bit of everything else. Don't hate, appreciate. 

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

This "cooled off" thing that people keep throwing around.. he's young and still learning. He's still got 50% FG on the season, he's due for some off-games, he's not Giannis or KD. Like I said earlier in this thread, he had about a 6-7 game stint earlier this month where he shot 20% from 3 point and did terrible from that range, then he bounced back big time with 3 huge games of 50% or more from 3. Ebbs and flows man! It's about the average, not game to game. The positives are that he continues to hoist up a ton of 3's, we want to see that, it's imperative to his outstanding value that he continues hitting them at a high rate.

Cooled off would be if he went dead for a few weeks, not 2 games. Like you said, he's still getting it done in other areas. 

The problem is he can be so much better. Like top 10-15 material if he didn't so easily get froze out by all these other wannabe stars on his team. it also seems like for whatever reason, when he isn't getting the ball/scoring, he also isnt grabbing many boards either. With him Pts/boards go all or nothing from game to game