Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Nikola owns himself in fantasy

The answer to this question as well as other life mysteries such as the meaning of life, whose cruel idea it was to have the letter 's' in the word lisp and why the word abbreviation is so long can be

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, tredford8 said:

Tell that to Myles Turner owners....

nah, tell that to TJ Warren owners last year.. haha

concussions are a weird one, there's been guys that came back the next day or two because it was actually nothing in the end, and then there were guys who were out weeks. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, MynameisMudd said:

I have a feeling he might be out weeks.  

It's tough to say. It's a hard hit sure, and I'm not going to be pretend I'm a neurotrauma expert, but a few things that are positive takeaways is that he slowed down before the impact, his head didn't bounce off the hardwood (see Vucevic when he was out for practically half the season after his head bounced off the floor), and he came back into the game from what I understand and kept playing before ultimately speaking with the trainers and leaving. His head whipping back like that certainly isn't good, but the worst concussions I've seen generally are when guys bounce their head after falling from height. 

Edited by Lifschitz
1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

It's tough to say. It's a hard hit sure, and I'm not going to be pretend I'm a neurotrauma expert, but a few things that are positive takeaways is that he slowed down before the impact, his head didn't bounce off the hardwood (see Vucevic when he was out for practically half the season after his head bounced off the floor). His head whipping back like that certainly isn't good, but the worst concussions I've seen generally are when guys bounce their head after falling from height. 

Ya but you can see how he his skull jolted back before his neck whipped back. I think what makes it even worse is that he didn't see it coming so he really couldn't brace for it.   Yes concussions manifest differently for different types of hits and traumas , but I've had a similar type of hit and was in a dark room for 2 weeks.  They are going to be uber cautious with him too. I read an article that say Vuc was giving AG advise about how to handle a concussion and he told AG to take his time and that you can play through a myriad of bodily injuries but since this was a brain injury to not rush back.   (Sorry I can't find the article now) I just can't see him returning any time soon, but I hope to be wrong. 

For those interested:

A player in the concussion protocol program can’t return to the floor until the following:

• He is without concussion-related symptoms at rest.
  • He has been evaluated by a physician.
  • He has successfully completed the NBA return-to-participation exertion protocol.
  • A team physician has discussed the return-to-participation process and decision with the Director of the NBA concussion program, Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher.

Ultimately, the decision as to when a player will return will be made by the team physician.

From the NBA’s media central website, here’s a closer look at what the NBA’s Return-to-Participation protocol consists of:

1.  The return to participation protocol involves several steps of increasing exertion – from a stationary bike, to jogging, to agility work, to non-contact team drills.
  2. With each step, a player must be symptom free to move to the next step. If a player is not symptom free after a step, he stops until he is symptom free and begins again at the previous step of the protocol (i.e., the last step he passed without any symptoms).
  3. It’s important to note that there is no time frame to complete the protocol. Each injury and player is different and recovery time can vary in each case.
  • Thanks 3
18 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

D.Lo, Wall, Jokic and now AT. Not to mention Okafor is not ready to play. 

Man I hope he comes back soon. I got DLO, Wall, Jokic, AG as well. I also got Saric and nance and Rondae Hollis were injured earlier in the year for me. Some how im staying afloat lmao.

Edited by stickman786