Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Nikola owns himself in fantasy

The answer to this question as well as other life mysteries such as the meaning of life, whose cruel idea it was to have the letter 's' in the word lisp and why the word abbreviation is so long can be

Posted Images

22 hours ago, The Unknown said:

Is it likely he will play Tuesday ?

Judging from his 'questionable' status for Tuesday I would say it is questionable that he's going to play..

Seriously though it doesn't sound like there's a lot of chance he'll suit up for this one, might even miss a couple more.

Aaron Gordon (calf) went through a full practice on Wednesday.

This is great news and now his availability for Thursday against the Pistons will depend on how he feels tomorrow. Gordon has been out since Dec. 15 with his calf strain, but he he may be between probable and questionable for Thursday. If he is back, that would take minutes from Mario Hezonja while Gordon would be very busy due to the loss of Nikola Vucevic (hand).

azqj8.gif
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Bigballers4life said:

Vuc was slowing Gordon down before, now that vuc is out of the picture, let's get ready to feast, 21-10-3-1-1 and two 3's for the time vuc is out I predict 

Thats sounds really optimistic! I am not sure Aaron will attempt that many 3s though. 2 3pm per game maybe its a bit more than realistic. Also, i would rather have Vuc alongside Gordon than Fournier.

5 hours ago, Bigballers4life said:

He's avg over two 3's per game right now, why would he slow down?

First few weeks he was shooting with 50+% from downtown and then he sustained the 3 pmade shots by shooting more as his % was regressing. Now that Vuch is out, i think he will have to handle the ball more which means more mid range jumpers and drives to the rim and less open 3p shots. I think he is could make 1,5 3s, which is fine!  Lets hope he is back to form immediately and ready to take an even bigger role in offense...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Manos A said:

First few weeks he was shooting with 50+% from downtown and then he sustained the 3 pmade shots by shooting more as his % was regressing. Now that Vuch is out, i think he will have to handle the ball more which means more mid range jumpers and drives to the rim and less open 3p shots. I think he is could make 1,5 3s, which is fine!  Lets hope he is back to form immediately and ready to take an even bigger role in offense...

Why wld vuc being out means he will handle it more? I just suspect he scoops up those pnpop opps. 

56 minutes ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

Why wld vuc being out means he will handle it more? I just suspect he scoops up those pnpop opps. 

Because he's not a prime post option, Vucevic is by far their best interior post presence. Even if he pick and pops the defenders can still recover fast enough - which means he has to put the ball on the floor. He'll also get more iso opportunities because when he goes in the far post (he doesn't get extremely deep position) then he has to face up more often to beat his defender with his quickness and hesitation/first step advantage.. 

• Like 3

I definitely think his efficiency might drop slightly from the field simply because vuc was a big offensive threat and defenses will key in on Gordon more now, but the counting stats should go up enough to compensate for that...hopefully 

Get your "ITS HAPPENING" memes ready guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magic head coach Frank Vogel expects Aaron Gordon (right calf) and Evan Fournier (sore right foot) to play on Thursday vs. Detroit.

Vogel wants to see both players in warm-ups before giving them the final all-clear, but it sounds like there is a good shot of both being ready to go. So long as they are cleared, both guys will start, and per Vogel, neither should have a minutes limit. We should have final word shortly, so check back for an update. If either player is unable to go, Mario Hezonja would start in their place.
2 minutes ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

Vuc wont start when he gets back. Team is way better without him defensively and even offensively everything falls into place. 

Just to clarify, my comment was a jab at some guy on here that was personally offended by my statement that Vucecic’s injury would be a good thing for Gordon. He wrote a short novel about Vuc’s soft hands if you are interested.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

One game samples are a testament of your heavenly knowledge.

Miami Heat are clearly one of the best teams in the league to use in your one game samples.

also, I never said he won't blow up, so just another strawman to add to your list.

also another ad hominem, I was never personally offended, I rebutted you stating that he's better off without vucevic. It's called a discussion on a fantasy basketball forum, you just can't handle someone disagreeing with you.

Whats more hilarious is that you didn't point out how he only scored 14 points in his first game back, you waited until he had a big game.

Edited by Lifschitz