NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Stallion

6 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Gordon looks like a player without much confidence in himself at the moment. Just taking bad shots and making poor decisions.

theres his confidence back... 2 3s and a dunk (back to back to back )

Edited by Panic

What's funny about tonight is that he was absolutely cold aside from the back-to-back threes he hit in the 3rd Q but then he proceeded to splash home a near half-court heave at the end of the game

Pretty much chalks up his luck lately, I'm not overthinking it. Though I am hoping that he can fix his shot with some extra shootaround time even.... mechanics, confidence, whatever... just get it right and he's golden. Still a solid line so no complaints

Personally I would bench him for those two categories depending on how close or how badly you'd need him for today, though on normal circumstances I probably wouldn't. He's being tasked to do more playmaking while Vuc has been out too so I wouldn't put it past him to maybe get a TO or two today against Boston, who has been solid defensively all year. Celtics are middle of the pack in points allowed vs opposing PF's so... anyone's guess really since he's matched up with Tatum, but unless you're relatively ahead on FG / FT / PTS / REBS or 3PM, it's a tough call. He's usually pretty good with the ball but it's the young Celtics vs a depleted Orlando team... with him being one of (if not, the) the focal points of the offense. I don't like that gamble

Edited by Tr3yball
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Do you guys think he could have a good game against the Celtics? My matchup is close in fg% and TOs and I'm debating whether to bench him

His confident in shooting seems way lost and his big usage comes along with some TOs. That being said, i hate to bench players at the end of the week to avoid the risk of losing %s and TOs

• Thanks 1

Today I benched him and I won FG% and won by a bigger margin for the week. Like someone else stated above, you may have to some times think about benching him in a daily or weekly depending on your opponent's build and how the categories are playing out, because right now he simply doesn't have it shooting wise. 

Honestly, I know there was a lot of discussion back and forth with the arguments made about him needing Vucevic and vice versa, I think it's as clear as day he needs Vuc. My main reason for arguing that is because whenever I watched Magic games I saw Vuc consistently find him with nifty passes out to the perimeter and on the base line, Gordon is now forced to be more of a franchise scorer which he is not - and it's exposing how much more he has to go to be a 1A. 

I don't want to feel vindicated, I don't care about that nonsense and bickering, I just want my top 30 player back, so Vuc get well quick..

Edited by Lifschitz

Vucevic is a trade candidate so i hope Gordon finds his groove in shooting without him. He has been missing open 3s in the last games, its not like he is taking ill advised shots. That means its a shooting slump due to his low confidence...