NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Gordon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Stallion

After this back to back next game is on the 13th, hoping he will be back by then. If you’re fighting to make the playoffs he is a drop, but otherwise hold even without IR. 

Its been a frustrating season for sure for AG owners (especially me who drafted him earlier than most and got a lot of flak for it), I cant bring myself to drop him. Hopefully the rest y’all can withstand a few games deficit in the playoffs but if the situation calls for it, I guess it depends on your matchup progress next week. I am anxious and also have warren who Is also out, so the best recourse is to watch out matchups closely. Remember there is no no undroppable player when your season is on the line but even if you get out of your matchup and have to drop a player like AG, you’ll be burned in the next round anyway.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Yea - I'm guessing he's back for the home game vs. Boston on the 16th. For me, that's my championship week (our playoffs started early) and I can't hold him for that final week. Sucks - good luck to the rest of the Gordon owners

You can imagine the Curry owners right now haha! I wouldn’t want to be in that position!

20 minutes ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

They are not curry or AD, but I had Gallinari and AG in my playoff semifinal and I am down by one 3.

That's hurting for sure.

Luckily I've had some good performances so far this week, and I'm up 7-2 in my semis. Fingers crossed I go thru, but will probably get man-handled in the finals (AD and Harden owner waiting)

2 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

You can imagine the Curry owners right now haha! I wouldn’t want to be in that position!

i own both of them. I also own Turner btw (drafted 2nd round)...

2 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Said he was suffering from a migraine, not a concussion, but that the nba is being extra cautious. Any chance he plays tomorrow?

source?

As far as i know, after passing the concussion protocol he has to go through a full practice before play again in a game, so its safe to say he is missing the next one as well.

Edited by Manos A
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, proffesor.m said:

So minimum games he plays next week he plays is 2 next week? Anybody have any sourced info on an update? trying to figure out my lineup for playoffs starting tomorrow.

I sent out a tweet to the beat writers of the Magic last week, and they think the best chance is the home game vs. Boston at the earliest.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, -M- said:
Aaron Gordon went through the contact-practice phase of the NBA concussion protocol today, Frank Vogel said. There's a chance Gordon will play tomorrow night against the Spurs

Lets hope so. Keep your fingers crossed. Got AG on 2/4 rosters. He's crucial for this week.

thats great news. It seems like Magic were worried about the concussion history Gordon has and probably was indeed just a migraine. It seems like he is ready to return, otherwise he wouldnt had had a full practice.