NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't believe I've had ticket to see Giannis play the Sixers tonight for months and then of course he isn't playing.  Incredible

MIL office must have read this post of yours and decided, "We will not be fooled anymore!" lol

What you all are "building"? If undisputed TOP5 pick is hard to "build" then something is wrong. Don't "build", but just make a team.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, taenggg said:

you're missing the entire point. giannis can't shoot period. his game revolves around scoring in the paint. when you have another big taking up that space it makes it more difficult to score and get to the rim. 

why don't you name me one team in the nba right now that is successfully trotting out two 6'10 bigs that can't shoot worth a lick. there's a reason almost every single team is playing with a forward or big who can stretch the floor. 

In fact, I actually totally agree with what you are saying here.  Giannis can't shoot, so the Bucks really do need to surround him with shooters.  That's why the trade for Bledsoe made so little sense.  Bledsoe is such a poor outside shooter (career 33% 3 PT shooter compared to Brogdon's 42%), teams don't even have to respect him and can clog the paint when Giannis drives to the basket.

9 hours ago, stopmakingsense said:

He's a career 36% shooter from deep, that's good enough that it forces someone to guard you out there. Basically the same as percentage as Towns. He doesn't get high volume due to his teammates being better offensively and being under 20 mpg, but that doesn't mean defenses should give him the Tony Allen treatment.

Maker is actually averaging MORE minutes per game in November (19.4 minutes) than he did in October (16.4) when he was starting.  Given that, how in the world can you say that Giannis's slump in November is due to Maker not being on the floor to stretch defenses when Maker is actually playing more?

C'mon, it's so obvious that Bledsoe is the one causing Giannis's slump.

• Like 1

Looks like Henson won't be playing tonight. Guess we'll be able to see Thon Maker's defense stretching capabilities, the lack of John Henson's big frame occupying the paint to open up driving lanes for Giannis and Bledsoe's play making abilities. Hold on to your seats guys!

(Hopefully, Giannis does play better because obviously, I own him too.) 

3 minutes ago, night said:

Looks like Henson won't be playing tonight. Guess we'll be able to see Thon Maker's defense stretching capabilities, the lack of John Henson's big frame occupying the paint to open up driving lanes for Giannis and Bledsoe's play making abilities. Hold on to your seats guys!

(Hopefully, Giannis does play better because obviously, I own him too.) 

sorry i cant help but stare at your signature and look at your team.. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Dogtooth said:

sorry i cant help but stare at your signature and look at your team.. 

Haven't updated my signature in a few years. Haha. I'll try to update it now. Is it gone? Can't seem to see in my mobile phone that's why I forgot to remove it

Edited by night

Guys, he's shot 21&22 shots last two games. He's just missing some bunnies and some FTs, he's only made 7-8 of those shots where usually he hits 10-11 of those. He'll be fine, Bledsoe wont hurt him. Brogdon on the other hand is gonna be the loser in the trade. Be excited for tonight! He avg 19.1pts in the paint and they're playing the team that gives up the most points in the paint!

Edited by spd2base
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Giannis Antetokounmpo (right knee soreness) will not play against the Suns on Wednesday.

This is the same knee injury that bothered him over the summer. It sounds like it's just a precaution to sit him down and the Bucks are likely hopefully he will be back out there on Saturday.

Bucks have majority 3 games the past few weeks, the guy is young, just because they got a borderline all star they rest him vs the worst team in the nba? Kd and curry have missed playable games this year, lebron if he had kyrie he would have rested that ankle like the past few years. Im gonna trade Giannis in the next few weeks and maybe go for Harden or Cousins or maybe Westbrook, specially harden who rarely misses games. Gonna try to pry Ben Simmons as well

The #1 most important factor in fantasy sports is for your early-round picks to stay healthy.  (Anyone who drafted David Johnson in football this year knows this.)

As much as Giannis has struggled shooting in November, he's still been a top 10 fantasy player during the month of November.  Obviously whatever bum you pick up off the waiver wire to start instead of Giannis is going to be a gigantic dropoff.