NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't believe I've had ticket to see Giannis play the Sixers tonight for months and then of course he isn't playing.  Incredible

MIL office must have read this post of yours and decided, "We will not be fooled anymore!" lol

What you all are "building"? If undisputed TOP5 pick is hard to "build" then something is wrong. Don't "build", but just make a team.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Remember how great Giannis was the first few weeks of the season before Eric Bledsoe came to town?  The Greek Freak likely would have been the #1 overall fantasy player this year if Bledsoe hadn't complained his way out of Phoenix.

Well being #3-4 aint that bad. When lebron finally gets his rest days he might climb to number 2, #1 if he hits a couple more 3s and gets big assists for about a month.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Seen this coming since starting this week so i already added some streamers for today to protect me. seems to happen when there is a holiday. I was also predicting marc gasol missing one of the b2b games but it seems it will be todays game. Are they itching for the holidays?

2 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

craaaaappppp.....Now I got to decide to put either Rubio or Kelly Olynk in his slot ....Halp

Not sure what you need stat wise. But, Mitchell is probable and MIA banged up. Olynyk for me.

• Like 1

Any reason why his blocks are down so much this year?  Can't believe I drafted the Greek Freak and Whiteside with my first two picks in one of my roto leagues and I'm DEAD LAST in the blocks category in that category.

Only 1 block total in the last 6 games...for a guy that averaged 2 blocks a game last year.  I wonder how much the knee's bothering him.

Edited by FootballFan101
56 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Any reason why his blocks are down so much this year?  Can't believe I drafted the Greek Freak and Whiteside with my first two picks in one of my roto leagues and I'm DEAD LAST in the blocks category in that category.

Only 1 block total in the last 6 games...for a guy that averaged 2 blocks a game last year.  I wonder how much the knee's bothering him.

Well for staters he's scoring rebounding and steals increased, if i had a choice ill get kd with his increase in blocks only reason i didn't because i thought the other away around and i nedded big men stats the first three rounds since i was picking first. Still time to pick it up, i mean im also an AD owner and he's down by a block a game as well, but they are still studs. They'll get better. I give you an example, MVP KD in 2014 averaged less blocks than 2013 KD, But everything went up specially his assists and wins. Or MVP kobe scores less than 2006 kobe, but the wins mattered.

1 hour ago, Xmantt said:

Well for staters he's scoring rebounding and steals increased, if i had a choice ill get kd with his increase in blocks only reason i didn't because i thought the other away around and i nedded big men stats the first three rounds since i was picking first. Still time to pick it up, i mean im also an AD owner and he's down by a block a game as well, but they are still studs. They'll get better. I give you an example, MVP KD in 2014 averaged less blocks than 2013 KD, But everything went up specially his assists and wins. Or MVP kobe scores less than 2006 kobe, but the wins mattered.

AD is at 2.1 blocks and was at 2.2 last year.

2 hours ago, HK-47 said:

AD is at 2.1 blocks and was at 2.2 last year.

ok so i was talking about 3 years ago. he was at 2.9. now his normal is at 2. and it was at 2 before the all star break last year then cousins came. his points increased though so it seems Giannis had more offensive responsibility so his block has come down by .5 per game.

and anyone who saw the game he was dunking all night, so dont worry about the knee, it might be kidd who we need to be worried , he might want giannis rested specially its a b2b tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Xmantt said:

if i had a choice ill get kd with his increase in blocks only reason i didn't because i thought the other away around and i nedded big men stats the first three rounds since i was picking first. 

Wait, you actually drafted Giannis over KD?  KD is like Giannis except with a jump shot, and even he's averaging a block more per game than Giannis this year.  While Giannis is a liability in 3PTS and FT%, KD helps in every single category roto category.  I hate the Warriors and I hate KD, but he is a better fantasy player than Giannis by a wide margin.