NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Nightfall

Here I am wondering what could people be talking about in the Giannis thread with how consistent he's been... lo and behold only on this forum can people complain about a guy averaging 29/10.5/5/1.7/1.3  and 2.8 TOs on 55%

If your team is under performing it probably isn't this mans fault. With Harden injured, Curry back to keep Durant a little quieter and IT4 coming back to keep Lebron a little quieter. I expect him to be the #1 fantasy player by the end of the year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VelvetMerkin said:

Only thing I can say that I'm disappointed with Giannis this year is the 3-point shooting. I remember reading somewhere in the offseason about him working hard on his shot. If the dude develops that 3 ball, good luck everyone else.

Obviously it would have been nice if he developed the 3 ball, but nothing in his past indicated he would be contribute much of anything in 3PT.  (Giannis hasn't improved his 3 point shooting at all since his rookie year.  In fact his rookie year was by far his best year shooting 3s even if it was still a lousy 3 PT percentage).  I drafted him knowing he would contribute next to nothing in 3PTS (just like people who drafted Curry drafted him knowing he would contribute next to nothing in blocks).

Blocks on the other hand are something that I was counting on from Giannis based on his averaging 2 a game last year and the fact that prior to this year he had improved his blocks every single year.

In previous post I even said that Giannis hasn't been a bust like Whiteside, but still the extreme regression in blocks has been disappointing.

On 1/3/2018 at 1:12 AM, greatestmetfan said:

Here I am wondering what could people be talking about in the Giannis thread with how consistent he's been... lo and behold only on this forum can people complain about a guy averaging 29/10.5/5/1.7/1.3  and 2.8 TOs on 55%

If your team is under performing it probably isn't this mans fault. With Harden injured, Curry back to keep Durant a little quieter and IT4 coming back to keep Lebron a little quieter. I expect him to be the #1 fantasy player by the end of the year.

My team with giannis is in 1st place both in 14 team and 12 team. Its not underperforming. But i wouldn't stream some big men in 14 team if he had his blocks where it was last year. Cant deny though, having still an mvp year for himself. Monster line tonight, already back to #4 in fantasy.

bucks would lose to  76ers  regardless  if giannis  played. this is 100% an excuse  for kidd and the  joke of  a  front office to use to  avoid the embarassement  and  the media backlash they've been getting.  anyone  remember the trust the results  statement by bucks owners in the offeason.  bunch of cowards

9 minutes ago, taenggg said:

bucks would lose to  76ers  regardless  if giannis  played. this is 100% an excuse  for kidd and the  joke of  a  front office to use to  avoid the embarassement  and  the media backlash they've been getting.  anyone  remember the trust the results  statement by bucks owners in the offeason.  bunch of cowards

Kidd need to be fired. Wasting talented years away