NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Nightfall

It sickens me how long Jason Kidd could have this franchise fooled, he will lingere around for years before the higher ups realise he is almost totally inept at coaching. It's horrible to say but if giannis missed a substantial amount of time, it may be a positive thing because a losing streak will likely occur that hopefully results in Kidd getting fired. 

• Haha 1

From Matt Velazquez of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Antetokounmpo’s injury, which is not considered to be tendinitis, is regarded as something that is always going to bother him to some extent, according to a league source. There will be days where the discomfort is higher and some when it’s lower, and the team’s goal is to manage that on a daily basis to keep the injury from becoming severe or significant — something it is not considered to be at this point.

Seems like the Bucks have a handle on it and I don't have ROS concerns because they need him to compete for the playoffs. More so have rest of career concerns because the fact they have to manage this on a daily basis to keep it from being significant is worrisome. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Frustrating...From here on out, if given the chance, I'm just drafting RW, Harden, Lebron or Towns...These players are likely never going to get hurt, except for Lebron getting a few rest days..

Giannis is GTG.. hes missed 3 games in the first half of season pretty good.. and harden missed like 3 weeks...

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 4:59 PM, Auction>Snake said:

It sickens me how long Jason Kidd could have this franchise fooled, he will lingere around for years before the higher ups realise he is almost totally inept at coaching. It's horrible to say but if giannis missed a substantial amount of time, it may be a positive thing because a losing streak will likely occur that hopefully results in Kidd getting fired. 

MIL office must have read this post of yours and decided, "We will not be fooled anymore!" lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Are we looking at the new and improved Freek? How better can he get? I can't ever recall him hitting three treys in a game! Skies the limit for this young man.

I don't think he'll average more than 1 3ptm anytime soon. He just doesn't take much and he was just on fire tonight so he took them. I'll be happy if he does make them more but I don't think it will happen this year. Maybe next season. 

42 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

I love the Freak, but for a non-owner interesting in pursuing him, where have the stocks gone?

Jason Kidd coached alot of gambling for steals and that's why Giannis and Middleton and some other guys had inflated steals numbers.  Also Henson is playing about 28 mins a night and he's the primary shot blocker for the team

He should still be able to hit 1-1.3 in each category by the end of the season just cause of his length

Giannis Antetokounmpo said he twisted his ankle pretty badly on Thursday.

He was having trouble putting weight on it after the game and had a limp. The Bucks are almost certainly going to be missing Malcolm Brogdon (quad tendon), but they will get Jabari Parker (knee) back and hopefully Eric Bledsoe (ankle) will be OK. This stings even worse because the Bucks were down big late.