NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

20 minutes ago, Main Event said:

That was a phenomenal show by Giannis in the 4th Qtr. Definite MVP-like signature performance. What did he have, like 17 pts in the 4th? Along with 2 game-saving steals in the final 31 seconds and 1 game saving block with 4 seconds left, which somehow has not been credited as a block now 15 minutes after the game even though he threw it right back in Nurkic's face (If that is not a block, then I do not know what is). Regardless, outstanding performance. I loved his passion too after he missed those two critical free-throws he was very upset and came back to make the game-saving defensive plays.

One source so far has it as a block, espn and yahoo still don't, I have a feeling it will be, it has to be.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't believe I've had ticket to see Giannis play the Sixers tonight for months and then of course he isn't playing.  Incredible

MIL office must have read this post of yours and decided, "We will not be fooled anymore!" lol

What you all are "building"? If undisputed TOP5 pick is hard to "build" then something is wrong. Don't "build", but just make a team.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Nightfall said:

Anyone has an idea why a block was removed ? I remember one on the first half and of course the final one.

In 2 box scores they had updated it to 2 but shortly after it went back to 1 ?

I think it's a real enigma at this point what the statisticians are looking at. Giannis' credited block was one at the end of the 3rd qtr. However, somehow,  some way,  now the next day..his game-saving block on Nurkic w/ 4 seconds remaining STILL was not credited as a block

[media]

[/media]

Is there anyone who can justify this not being a block?

Edited by Main Event
  • Like 2

Antetokounmpo helped the Bucks defeat the Portland Trail Blazers with two steals, the game-winning dunk, and a game-saving block on Jusuf Nurkic all in the final minute.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1403773-giannis-scores-career-high-44-clinches-win-with-clutch-block

They as well as us think it is a block.

5 hours ago, Nightfall said:

Anyone has an idea why a block was removed ? I remember one on the first half and of course the final one.

In 2 box scores they had updated it to 2 but shortly after it went back to 1 ?

I think you're right, the article and site from above with his game saving block had him with 2 blocks but now has him with 1, maybe a earlier 1 was taking away.

31 minutes ago, turner46 said:

I think you're right, the article and site from above with his game saving block had him with 2 blocks but now has him with 1, maybe a earlier 1 was taking away.

No. Go check the play-by-play log of the game. The block Giannis was credited with was at the end of the 3rd qtr. The game-saving (non block I guess) happened with 4 seconds left in the 4th qtr

0:04Jusuf Nurkic misses driving layup110 - 111

No credit given

16 minutes ago, Main Event said:

No. Go check the play-by-play log of the game. The block Giannis was credited with was at the end of the 3rd qtr. The game-saving (non block I guess) happened with 4 seconds left in the 4th qtr

0:04Jusuf Nurkic misses driving layup110 - 111

No credit given

https://imgur.com/a/Yk2cY

1 hour ago, turner46 said:

Wow. What app is that? The big mystery continues. One would think there would be uniformity in all official scoring. I did re-check the play-by-play game logs on ESPN, NBA.COM, and Yahoo and all three sites still do not credit Giannis with a block on the game-saving play w/ :04 left in the 4th. Rather, the block he is credited with is the one near the end of the 3rd qtr.

9 hours ago, Main Event said:

Wow. What app is that? The big mystery continues. One would think there would be uniformity in all official scoring. I did re-check the play-by-play game logs on ESPN, NBA.COM, and Yahoo and all three sites still do not credit Giannis with a block on the game-saving play w/ :04 left in the 4th. Rather, the block he is credited with is the one near the end of the 3rd qtr.

The Score

20 minutes ago, Main Event said:

The game-saving block from Saturday has now been officially awarded two days later. Officially 2 blocks now vs Blazers.

Hm.. Yahoo game log still only showing 1 sadly. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5185/gamelog