NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giannis Antetokounmpo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't believe I've had ticket to see Giannis play the Sixers tonight for months and then of course he isn't playing.  Incredible

MIL office must have read this post of yours and decided, "We will not be fooled anymore!" lol

What you all are "building"? If undisputed TOP5 pick is hard to "build" then something is wrong. Don't "build", but just make a team.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

What site did you see the block awarded?  Yahoo still doesn't have it

yeah yahoo didnt correct it. i was expecting 2 blocks not 1 for 2 days now. maybe we should start a petition. dont worry i didnt lose blocks department. i just want it to be correct. they might get it wrong again down the line

13 minutes ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

Ohhhh man.  Four games into the season and he is just MONSTROUS.  I love how he's taking over in the fourth quarter too and willing his team to victory.  That's MVP material.

Gonna be a fun year.

He's an easy person to root for too.  Very humble superstar and never complains about not having another star in Milwaukee.  In fact, he's even said he wants to play in Milwaukee forever.

6 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

He's an easy person to root for too.  Very humble superstar and never complains about not having another star in Milwaukee.  In fact, he's even said he wants to play in Milwaukee forever.

He feels like home there but the time will come when he would want to win a ring and might have to go somewhere else. Lets see

18 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

What site did you see the block awarded?  Yahoo still doesn't have it

Pretty sure Yahoo does stat corrections once a week. You can look through their past corrections to figure out which day it is, I think it's usually/always on Sundays.

14 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

He feels like home there but the time will come when he would want to win a ring and might have to go somewhere else. Lets see

Maybe you will be right, but he seems like a good guy who is not an egomaniac like most NBA stars so I tend to believe him when he says he wants to stay in Milwaukee forever.  (For what it's worth, I never had that feeling about LeBron and K.D. staying.)

That said, Bucks management has done an incredibly poor job surrounding him.  Middleton and Brogdon are the only other above average players on the team and neither is a star by any stretch.  The Bucks did get unlucky that Parker keeps tearing his ACL, but the contracts to Monroe and Dellavedova were simply horrible moves that never made any sense.

Look as much as I hate the Warriors, they pretty much have the championship locked up for the next 5 years.  So, the Bucks goal should be to put together a team that can win a championship in 2022-2023 season.  By then Giannis will be 27 and should be the best player in the NBA (possibly by a wide margin) and the Warriors will probably be starting to decline with age.  The Bucks just need to put together a decent supporting cast by then, and if they do, I think Giannis will re-sign with them.

6 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Probably the first sub-30 point game for Giannis. The Celts did a nice job crowding whenever he was able to go inside. He was not able to take advantage whenever Horford got switched onto him.

giannis almost changed that the last minute of the game... i love you giannis.