NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Angelo Russell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

29 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

well with, obviously, why wouldnt you?

without, depends on how youre doing in your league...i personally think hes a stash either way, regardless

How can he be a stash in leagues without an IR if we don’t know when he’s back?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this when I was trying to find info on D’Angelo Russell. This guy is an orthopedic surgeon, and formerly an NFL team doctor. By his estimation, Russell should be back just after the new year. 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/nets-gm-dont-expect-to-see-russell-or-okafor-anytime-soon/   Russell is recovering from arthroscopic surgery back on Nov. 17. General manager Sean Marks said on

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, WorldFootballStore said:

thats why i said depends on how youre doing in your league...

ive heard hes back in January, so based on that id hold.... if january goes by, then make a judgement call....

1 hour ago, WorldFootballStore said:

He can easily be a stash. Look at the last man on your bench, and determine how much you're likely to play him. If your team is deep and relatively injury prone, and especially if you're on track for playoffs in a h2h league, he's an easy stash regardless of when he's back (let's assume end of Jan is a conservative timetable). If you have other injuries, are behind pace in roto, or other reasons like that, you probably cannot stash him.

• Like 1
On 12/1/2017 at 9:24 AM, rando said:

His rebounds and assists summed, that's what he is saying. So maybe 4 reb, 7 ast? 5 and 6?

I feel like the guy promoting DAR is doing so in a bit of a vacuum. He doesn't talk about anything that credibly backs up his thoughts that Russell "will be back soon." He doesn't even quantify how long soon is. He doesn't talk about how the Nets are careful with injuries or how they have little to play for. I mark down this guy's analysis based on those factors. At least BBM quantifies this issue.

ESPN's fantasy basketball articles are worthless.  The only author worth anything is Cregan and he got shoved off the beat.  

1 hour ago, WorldFootballStore said:

Any updates on this guy?

https://www.hoop-ball.com/nba-fantasy-news-and-advice/nba-fantasy-injuries-news/report-dangelo-russell-knee-still-has-no-timeline-for-return/

This is the only recent news I 've been able to find. It's a bit worrying that he still isn't running yet.

• Thanks 1
On 11/18/2017 at 9:08 AM, Espoiral said:

Bad move IMO. Players who have had these kinds of surgeries ended up missing only about a little more than a month or so. It's still a long season and there's no confirmation Russell will be out for the rest of it. Hopefully your number 2 priority is enough to get him back because it's very likely he'll be snatched up from waivers in a competitive league.

After a month and still no timetable yet? bad move eh? lol.

I'm guessing a mid January return tbh..the thing that sucks is the coach asked him to cut his TO down after he had 8, and the next two games he had 5 combined with decent stats and then the surgery..maybe he was just about to turn a corner who knows..

“No update as of now. I know he was working with our performance group today, working on his core strength, hamstring strength, but it’s hard for me to put a stage on it,” Atkinson said Wednesday. “He’s not running yet.”

Russell, wearing a sleeve on his left knee, said he believes things are going well, but admitted he understands the need for caution.

“It’s been going well. Every day has been a grind. I’d rather be back sooner than later. … It’s a day-to-day process and I’m attacking it every day,” Russell said. “I’m doing a lot of stuff. I’m in the weight room. They have a lot of stuff planned out for me. If I’m running one day, I may be walking the next. It’s all a plan.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/12/7/16745594/dangelo-russell-still-a-ways-away

Edited by -M-
11 minutes ago, crocp said:

ah damn.....no point in stashing....

Its slowly and surely shaping up as a season shut down.

You got season shut down out of that?

I guareentee he plays again this year. That is the plan and this article gave no indication otherwise.  

And this is coming from someone who would benefit from a season shut down as I have Dinwiddie.

Not sure what others are thinking here, but I'm guessing another 1-2 months if not longer.  

D'Angelo Russell said his recovery from knee surgery is "going well."

"Every day has been a grind. I’d rather be back sooner than later. It’s a day-to-day process and I’m attacking it every day," Russell said. "I’m doing a lot of stuff. I’m in the weight room. They have a lot of stuff planned out for me." The next step is for Russell to start running, but the Nets are being cautious and aren't putting a timetable on his return. Russell is expected to return at some point this season, so his owners just need to stash him and hope for the best.

I should of learned my lesson last year when I drafted Lin and they had no timetable about how long he would be out. This is bs that they won't give a timetable. Not sure why they are so hush hush about their injuries.

I mean, Curry and Booker go down and they give us a timetable as soon as they figure it out. The next do not make any sense.

Edited by Trade Monster
On 12/7/2017 at 9:02 AM, rando said:

Not sure what others are thinking here, but I'm guessing another 1-2 months if not longer.  

D'Angelo Russell said his recovery from knee surgery is "going well."

"Every day has been a grind. I’d rather be back sooner than later. It’s a day-to-day process and I’m attacking it every day," Russell said. "I’m doing a lot of stuff. I’m in the weight room. They have a lot of stuff planned out for me." The next step is for Russell to start running, but the Nets are being cautious and aren't putting a timetable on his return. Russell is expected to return at some point this season, so his owners just need to stash him and hope for the best.

He is at games and I believe he has been seen walking without a limp for a good while now. If you read this and the last line it said I am scheduled to run next week would you still feel he is 1-2 months out? If the article said he is doing light running would you think he is 1-2 months out? I am trying to understand the logic behind it. A lot of people reference Lin from last year and I am not knowledgeable about what happened with him last year and how the Nets handled him so I am seriously trying to understand. 

On 12/7/2017 at 7:05 AM, dragonballz said:

After a month and still no timetable yet? bad move eh? lol.

Technically, today marks 3 weeks since the surgery. What happened before the surgery shouldn't factor into the timeline. 

On 12/7/2017 at 10:38 AM, rage2021 said:

definitely frustrating owning a nets player. isn't this injury typically a 4-6 week recovery? hes at least walking without assistance right?

Without more detail it is tough to get an exact recovery time frame. Today is 3 weeks. If he starts running next week with no setbacks he could be in the 6 week from surgery window. 

The Jahlil trade has to be kind of exciting for the Nets. Russell and Jahlil were loosely connected in that draft with a lot of people saying the Lakers should have taken Jahlil. Funny to see them on the same team away from the teams that drafted them. Dinwiddie/Russell/Carroll/RHJ/Okafor is really exciting considering where the Nets have been. Harris/Allen/Crabbe backing that up is not terrible. The Nets should want to see what that 8 man rotation looks like before making offseason decisions. If that team was together and healthy all year that might have a chance at sneaking into the 8 seed. 

3 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

He is at games and I believe he has been seen walking without a limp for a good while now. If you read this and the last line it said I am scheduled to run next week would you still feel he is 1-2 months out? If the article said he is doing light running would you think he is 1-2 months out? I am trying to understand the logic behind it. A lot of people reference Lin from last year and I am not knowledgeable about what happened with him last year and how the Nets handled him so I am seriously trying to understand. 

Technically, today marks 3 weeks since the surgery. What happened before the surgery shouldn't factor into the timeline. 

Without more detail it is tough to get an exact recovery time frame. Today is 3 weeks. If he starts running next week with no setbacks he could be in the 6 week from surgery window. 

The Jahlil trade has to be kind of exciting for the Nets. Russell and Jahlil were loosely connected in that draft with a lot of people saying the Lakers should have taken Jahlil. Funny to see them on the same team away from the teams that drafted them. Dinwiddie/Russell/Carroll/RHJ/Okafor is really exciting considering where the Nets have been. Harris/Allen/Crabbe backing that up is not terrible. The Nets should want to see what that 8 man rotation looks like before making offseason decisions. If that team was together and healthy all year that might have a chance at sneaking into the 8 seed. 

9 man rotation. Caris Levert is going to be part of their future

Crabb

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

Crabbe will start he was suppose to till he got inj

^I see Levert/Crabbe/Harris/Acy/Allen will be their second unit sans Jeremy Lin this year. They will pair Dinwiddie with Russell in backcourt, as they see Dinwiddie is playing well as their true PG. Crabbe will get 30 min regardless of starting or not. 

I own DRussell Diwindie and LeVert.  So I’m pretty heavily committed to this team.  I know they are developing young guys and tanking at the same time.  They also play at a extremely fast pace but keeping their players at around 30min/game.  Have you guys wondered what would happen to their fast “pace” with Okafor?  Their pace has to slow down I’m thinking which means less possessions which = lower stats for all their players?  Unless they start increasing starter’s minutes....