NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Angelo Russell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this when I was trying to find info on D’Angelo Russell. This guy is an orthopedic surgeon, and formerly an NFL team doctor. By his estimation, Russell should be back just after the new year. 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/nets-gm-dont-expect-to-see-russell-or-okafor-anytime-soon/   Russell is recovering from arthroscopic surgery back on Nov. 17. General manager Sean Marks said on

Posted Images

7 hours ago, SadDadParty said:

Found this when I was trying to find info on D’Angelo Russell. This guy is an orthopedic surgeon, and formerly an NFL team doctor. By his estimation, Russell should be back just after the new year. 

Hope this helps some people. 

Something to keep in mind is that he's just estimating based on a video clip and his own thoughts. But I follow him and, for the most part, his injury estimation for NFL players is usually pretty accurate. 

• Like 1
On 12/13/2017 at 8:11 PM, LuSamSiam said:

I wouldn't put TOO much stock in this tweet, but I found it encouraging given the lack of information available right now.

Haha he better overtake zeller, allen and mozgov first before he gets to prove anything. Only dlo can prove something because he already bkn's new star.

1 hour ago, WorldFootballStore said:

I saw the same update. It says he’s back soon but no timetable. Was his timetable supposed to be 6 weeks?

In the tweet Marks said "he hopes to see him sooner rather than later"....in no way does that say he will be back soon. They never provided a timeline for his return. The consensus has been 4-6 weeks because it was a lose body/debridement and no meniscus repair. That hasn't been confirmed either. I think we get vague answers until one day he practices and is a week away from having limited minutes.

3 hours ago, WorldFootballStore said:

I saw the same update. It says he’s back soon but no timetable. Was his timetable supposed to be 6 weeks?

the nets never did give a time table for DAR. the 6 weeks thing is just a guesstimate from posters here, based on similar surgeries underwent by other players before.

Edited by rameshdataya

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/nets-gm-dont-expect-to-see-russell-or-okafor-anytime-soon/

Russell is recovering from arthroscopic surgery back on Nov. 17. General manager Sean Marks said on WFAN on Thursday the initial timeline for the point guard’s return was seven or eight weeks, which would leave another two or three.

“The plan definitely is to see D’Angelo again. I wouldn’t tell you when exactly but hopefully it’s sooner rather than later. He’s progressing well,” Marks said. “He’s five weeks post-op now. I think the timeline was between seven, eight weeks depending on how things go. So we’re still a couple of weeks away.”

Still 2 weeks away at the very least...

Edited by james1607
  • Thanks 4
3 hours ago, L3onD said:

if only he said that when the injury occured...f--- the nets and my frustration with this situation...

Dude, try and save yourself the mental fatigue over the NBA season. Knee surgery he had is standard 4-6 week timeline. We never knew any details, but we knew at the minimum it was 4-6 weeks. We know the Nets are conservative, so tack on a week or two. If it ends up being 8 weeks is it really that frustrating or out of character? Just need to be a patient and trust that you are evaluating the situation correctly. The NBA season is a marathon. Riding the emotional roller coaster, especially with the amount of injuries in the game today, is gonna burn you out. Just try and chill and think about how much better your team will be when you reload it with Russell in your lineup. Frustration isn't going to change his timeline, ya know

37 minutes ago, WorldFootballStore said:

He is a no brainer stash. He could average 25-5-5 once he gets going

Absolutely agree, he needs to be picked up everywhere. There is no way he stays available for long given this news. I think 25-5-5 is a tad aggressive, but 20-5-5 is definitely within the realm of possibilities. 

• Like 1