NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Angelo Russell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this when I was trying to find info on D’Angelo Russell. This guy is an orthopedic surgeon, and formerly an NFL team doctor. By his estimation, Russell should be back just after the new year. 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/nets-gm-dont-expect-to-see-russell-or-okafor-anytime-soon/   Russell is recovering from arthroscopic surgery back on Nov. 17. General manager Sean Marks said on

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, scienze said:

I thought u couldn’t put in a waiver request for a player you dropped? 

That's only for Yahoo default leagues.  

The offense is 10x more fluid with Dinwiddie running the point.  It's highly possible he is better than D'lo and Atkinson sees it.

Still feels like D'lo is out there at 80% but it doesnt look good. He is slow and indecisive, with ugly TOs and poor shot selection.

10 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

The offense is 10x more fluid with Dinwiddie running the point.  It's highly possible he is better than D'lo and Atkinson sees it.

Still feels like D'lo is out there at 80% but it doesnt look good. He is slow and indecisive, with ugly TOs and poor shot selection.

He is slow even when he is healthy.  Watched him a lot when he was on the lakers.  Always thought to myself, wow, for a young kid he seems slow for his body type.

5 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Didn't realize how high the discrepancy was now between his ADP and current per game value (total value is even worse).

814jfXD.png

:o

Well sure, there will be a discrepancy between his ADP and current value.  He was injured.  He has been out basically all season except the first couple of weeks.  In the meantime he has been trying to shake off the rust after returning from a long lay off.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HotSauce24 said:

He is coming alive.

I don't know why people won't have patience with the Nets' franchise player.

Yup. Some think this is all he has to offer, when in fact he's starting to coming around after a leg injury. It takes time and some people are frustrated with him, expecting him to put up some stats right out the gate.

i've stuck it out with him whole year so far, but i can't blame other managers for dropping him. he was that bad. he could barely run or jump his first week since coming back. he's a guy whose offensive arsenal is predicated on separation, hesitation moves and cross over stuff, so he was like a poor soldier going to war without any of his weapons LOL.

he's had a few promising games lately, already played in a B2B and saw 25+ in each of his last three games. and most important, he's looking better out there. he's getting his mojo back, slowly. it's probably just a matter of time when he works his way back into the starting line-up.

7 hours ago, JballFan said:

That’s why lakers dumped him

i doubt that the lakers dropped him when they found out the difference between his fantasy ADP and his fantasy points :lol:

anyway it depends on the format, in points league he used to be a beast and right now he is OK-to-good. I drafted him 43rd and he is 39th for fantasy points per minute, including a major drop the first 3-4-5 games after the injury. before the injury he was like 15th, and in my team he was doing better than jokic and drummond.

• Haha 3

Is it me or does he have really bad foot work for a PG? I think he needs a session with Olajuwon. His handle is not that good and he doesn't have a good first step or the quickness to get by a good defender unlike Dinwiddie. I don't know if it's being tentative after the injury or he's still not 100% but I haven't been that impressed lately as a Net fan.

1 hour ago, 2pac said:

Is it me or does he have really bad foot work for a PG? I think he needs a session with Olajuwon. His handle is not that good and he doesn't have a good first step or the quickness to get by a good defender unlike Dinwiddie. I don't know if it's being tentative after the injury or he's still not 100% but I haven't been that impressed lately as a Net fan.

Not just you. Great hands but terrible foot work.

43 minutes ago, SadDadParty said:

His blurb on Yahoo suggests they might cut into his minutes because he’s a vet? Isn’t this his 3rd year in the league? 

yeah read that smh...no reason for them to tank. they don't even own their pick. trash analysis

9 hours ago, SadDadParty said:

His blurb on Yahoo suggests they might cut into his minutes because he’s a vet? Isn’t this his 3rd year in the league? 

That's exactly what caught my eye as well. He may have been injured for a while but I don't understand how a 22 year old can be considered a veteran in the NBA.

9 hours ago, SadDadParty said:

you believe those yahoo suggestion?lol

28 minutes ago, SadDadParty said:

They still haven’t credited him a three pointer and a rebound. Anyone else notice this or am I going crazy? 

yeah that game was weird for stats same as Fox and WCS are missing stats.

• Thanks 1