NBC Sports Edge Forums

D'Angelo Russell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this when I was trying to find info on D’Angelo Russell. This guy is an orthopedic surgeon, and formerly an NFL team doctor. By his estimation, Russell should be back just after the new year. 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/nets-gm-dont-expect-to-see-russell-or-okafor-anytime-soon/   Russell is recovering from arthroscopic surgery back on Nov. 17. General manager Sean Marks said on

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Jeez reading some of the quotes from Sean Marks this injury could have the potential to be season ending. 

5 minutes ago, JuicyJ said:

I hope not. I don't even own him, he was fun too watch though.

Yeah me either. I don't own him this year as well, but DLo has a lot of talent and I wanted him to flourish. But for a young player this is two years in a row now he is having knee issues. Not good.

I knew they were hiding something about that injury. He won’t be back this season. I heard Philly say the same last season about embiid and Simmons that they’re hopeful for then to be back. They never came back. 

3 minutes ago, mas10 said:

I knew they were hiding something about that injury. He won’t be back this season. I heard Philly say the same last season about embiid and Simmons that they’re hopeful for then to be back. They never came back. 

Blake had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose bodies in his knee last year and missed 18 games. Hopefully that will be the case for this and not as grim as the perception of it.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, KuramaHiei said:

would a trade be vetoable if the news came 1 hr after the trade was accepted?

I think it really depends on the league.  I've been in the same league with lifelong friends and we've had that happen.  In my case, we put it to a vote and let everyone voice their opinion.  But like I said, depends on the league.   

the league has decided to put to a vote. but both the other manager and I are okay to veto it. i said i respect the trade and it's fantasy so nobody can predict the future and i accepted the risk. He said it's not fun to screw over someone else like this. I'm in a pretty awesome league xD

• Like 2
Just now, hoopnking24 said:

Did you offer, leave it sitting awhile, and the owner just randomly hurried and accepted (possibly after getting word of the severity)?

If not, probably not.

no i offered it randomly 1 hr before the news and he said sure without thinking too much. trade talk was less than 10 minutes. I absolutely don't mind if im on the short end of the stick cuz it's fantasy. sh*t happens. 

32 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Blake had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose bodies in his knee last year and missed 18 games. Hopefully that will be the case for this and not as grim as the perception of it.

This.

I don't get why people are saying he won't be back for the season. It's not as bad as surgery for a fracture or a torn muscle etc.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

This.

I don't get why people are saying he won't be back for the season. It's not as bad as surgery for a fracture or a torn muscle etc.

True....I did some research and people come back as early as two weeks for normal activities so signs do point to him coming back, unless the nets are hiding things again

you guys dropping him in 12 team h2h leagues? I just dropped him and pick up dinwiddie, i have number 2 waiver wire prio just in case, but im thinking this will be a multi week absence. There seemed to be something in how the Nets are currently handling this. On a side note, this will improved that BKN pick that Cavs landed with that Kyrie-Isaiah trade.

27 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

you guys dropping him in 12 team h2h leagues? I just dropped him and pick up dinwiddie, i have number 2 waiver wire prio just in case, but im thinking this will be a multi week absence. There seemed to be something in how the Nets are currently handling this. On a side note, this will improved that BKN pick that Cavs landed with that Kyrie-Isaiah trade.

Bad move IMO. Players who have had these kinds of surgeries ended up missing only about a little more than a month or so. It's still a long season and there's no confirmation Russell will be out for the rest of it. Hopefully your number 2 priority is enough to get him back because it's very likely he'll be snatched up from waivers in a competitive league.

11 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Bad move IMO. Players who have had these kinds of surgeries ended up missing only about a little more than a month or so. It's still a long season and there's no confirmation Russell will be out for the rest of it. Hopefully your number 2 priority is enough to get him back because it's very likely he'll be snatched up from waivers in a competitive league.

fair enough, but our league doesn't have an inj spot. Anyway timetable is not yet release yup, but experience tells me that there are times you need to decide quickly. Active team management is  part of a winning formula in fantasy basketball. 

3 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

fair enough, but our league doesn't have an inj spot. Anyway timetable is not yet release yup, but experience tells me that there are times you need to decide quickly. Active team management is  part of a winning formula in fantasy basketball. 

you dun fckin guuufed. You aint winning chit booyoo

• Like 1