NBC Sports Edge Forums

JD McKissic 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

He started as a WR, it's up to the commish or ask CBS to change that. As far as I know they don't change after that initial designation

It's dumb as I said but this actually I suppose would be a possible advantage if you have a flex spot.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

It's dumb as I said but this actually I suppose would be a possible advantage if you have a flex spot.

Yeah, it can be frustrating but it doesn't happen too often. For a flex it  could definitely be an advantage.

12 hours ago, herschel said:

anyone know why he doesnt have rb eligibility in CBS leagues?

CBS put out a message when he came onto the scene earlier this year. The commish simply has to hit a few buttons. Most of my leagues (all I play is CBS) he has dual eligibility.

Seattle moved Mike Davis from the PS to the roster.  He can run and catch.  

One has to wonder how long Petey boy can endure disappointment with Lacy and Rawls before he goes a different direction altogether.  I know that everyone in Seattle yearns for the Beastmode days, but the CS doesn't have the luxury of being sentimental.  The CS has to maximize whatever assets they have on hand.

McKissic has limitations for sure, but he is dangerous with the ball in his hands.  The last several weeks, McKissic has out-snapped Lacy.  Last week, McKissic and Prosise combined out-snapped Rawls.  With how Lacy and Rawls have been performing, it is not out of the realm of possibility that McKissic's snaps might go from their current 33% to something like 50%.

In one league, where I have nothing but novel options to consider, I am starting McKissic this week.  I like what I have seen from him recently, and I am betting (admittedly solely on faith) that the CS does too.

3 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Seattle moved Mike Davis from the PS to the roster.  He can run and catch.  

One has to wonder how long Petey boy can endure disappointment with Lacy and Rawls before he goes a different direction altogether.  I know that everyone in Seattle yearns for the Beastmode days, but the CS doesn't have the luxury of being sentimental.  The CS has to maximize whatever assets they have on hand.

McKissic has limitations for sure, but he is dangerous with the ball in his hands.  The last several weeks, McKissic has out-snapped Lacy.  Last week, McKissic and Prosise combined out-snapped Rawls.  With how Lacy and Rawls have been performing, it is not out of the realm of possibility that McKissic's snaps might go from their current 33% to something like 50%.

In one league, where I have nothing but novel options to consider, I am starting McKissic this week.  I like what I have seen from him recently, and I am betting (admittedly solely on faith) that the CS does too.

Yeah I'm in this week...feeling a TD 

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

the seattle running game is a bottomless pit of despair and confusion. you're better off rolling the dice on a NE RB. 

Perhaps (and the NE offense is better all around too).  But McKissic stands out in that backfield.  To my eye, he is dangerous in ways similar to the way Tyreek Hill is dangerous.  It is obvious to me that they could get alot more out of McKissic if they choose to.  Maybe the CS will decide not to for other reasons, but It's been my personal experience that when I see a guy show way more than his backfield mates, something comes of it half of the time.  The last piece of the puzzle for me was removing Prosise from the equation.  Just a hunch, but I believe McKissic will get more opportunity against ATL, especially if Lacy and Rawls don't do much this week in practice and/or early in the game.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

He passes the eye test.

Given the condition of Seattle's run game, and the insane rotation of terrible options that has persisted in a post-Lynch run game, I can't really recommend him this week or even this year. But dynasty owners should be taking note, I think. What would he look like in a better environment? Might that environment be the 2018 Seahawks? He's an intriguing stash because he maximizes touches. I always feel like he gets everything that's there and sometimes a good bit more.

In a desperate move, I am thinking of starting him and Lockett, but only because my opponent starts Russ W.

This is my Tom Hanks at the end of Saving Pvt. Ryan moment with the pistol to get a playoff spot.

42 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

What we all thought Procise would be after seeing the other garbage RBs after Carson went down. Dynamic, but most importantly, the last man standing. If you’re desperate, then why not.

What do we project in ppr setting?  Dude is practically last man standing.  Lacy is trash.

Davis down with groin injury.  Prosise piece of glass. 

What's the deal with Rawls?  Why was he inactive?

1 hour ago, Broncos132 said:

What we all thought Procise would be after seeing the other garbage RBs after Carson went down. Dynamic, but most importantly, the last man standing. If you’re desperate, then why not.

not really. Prosise could run the ball, McKissic cannot at all. he has maybe the least power I've ever seen from an NFL RB. he gets thrown back repeatedly almost every time he makes contact with anyone. also not a good decision maker, that jet sweep he could have cut in so many times but ran into the only spot he couldn't score: the far edge of the field where he was easily thrown down