NBC Sports EDGE Forums

JD McKissic 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, martinjlm said:

I'd argue they aren't loyal to ANY RB.

As they should.  They should be loyal to the team, not to the RB.  And this means you play the best player no matter what.  You play the rookie over the incumbent start or free agent signing if the rookie is the best player.

You've got players breaking bones, tearing ligaments, and ripping muscles to win games.  Imagine a coach telling a lineman who is playing through a sprained knee and a broken hand "Yeah, we know Chris Carson is our best runner but Rawls and I get along really well so I"m gonna play him".  You think that lineman won't be livid?  Locker rooms are lost this way.

I wish the Seattle sports writers were better at their job....like no news this week on death kiss....loved to have heard running with the 2s or in on passing downs at practice or Rawls looks slow or Rawls and Lacy splitting reps in practice....I mean wtf? Doesn't anyone cover this team and their practices? Tight lipped....gonna make me guess....

Edited by hard1

18 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I wish the Seattle sports writers were better at their job....like no news this week on death kiss....loved to have heard running with the 2s or in on passing downs at practice or Rawls looks slow or Rawls and Lacy splitting reps in practice....I mean wtf? Doesn't anyone cover this team and their practices? Tight lipped....gonna make me guess....

there is a blurb in the rawls thread from a beat writer saying that rawls will get first shot at being the guy.  didn't offer any reasons but said he would put out an article today.  it could just be speculation but he seems like an insider so maybe he knows something.

I’m not concerned about Rawls/lacy they won’t play 3rd downs. his biggest competition is CJ and he’s out this weekend maybe longer. If he continues to ball out with that type of play making ability (which his teammates rave about) he’s going to contribute heavily this season. 

Just now, ozark said:

I’m not concerned about Rawls/lacy they won’t play 3rd downs. his biggest competition is CJ and he’s out this weekend maybe longer. If he continues to ball out with that type of play making ability (which his teammates rave about) he’s going to contribute heavily this season. 

Just dropped James Commer to pick up Kiss. I guy I work with is from Ark State and has been raving about him too.

FULL ON YOLO FOR THIS WEEK BOYS.

I had Maclin to flex because of byes, wasn't digging that.  I decided to drop Eifert and flex McKissic.  Even if he does well I'm expecting to drop him due to Seattle's bye, schedule, Prosise, other RBs - you know, the obvious.

AND I traded Diggs after week 1 for Eifert...so dropping Eifert for McKissic wasn't easy, and shows how bullish I am on him this week.

He looked good.  Read a lot all the articles about how the vets wanted him to play, the locker room loves him, the fact Russell trusted him last game right away, and I believe Seattle's passing role is entirely his this week.  He has earned touches, he should get them.  The staff is probably more unsure about the power game.  Oh yeah almost forgot, the Rams are playing awful against backs... 

(have me a backup plan though lmao.  since he plays in the afternoon I have solid floor options to switch out with.  my oppoent has all noon games.)

Edited by 7sof

5 minutes ago, 7sof said:

FULL ON YOLO FOR THIS WEEK BOYS.

I had Maclin to flex because of byes, wasn't digging that.  I decided to drop Eifert and flex McKissic.  Even if he does well I'm expecting to drop him due to Seattle's bye, schedule, Prosise, other RBs - you know, the obvious.

AND I traded Diggs after week 1 for Eifert...so dropping Eifert for McKissic wasn't easy, and shows how bullish I am on him this week.

He looked good.  Read a lot all the articles about how the vets wanted him to play, the locker room loves him, the fact Russell trusted him last game right away, and I believe Seattle's passing role is entirely his this week.  He has earned touches, he should get them.  The staff is probably more unsure about the power game.  Oh yeah almost forgot, the Rams are playing awful against backs... 

You got him for one week and then it's over. Kinda hoping he sucks because he's useless to hold after this week.

Edited by martinjlm

3 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Why? Prosise back in two weeks and he won't see the field.

Well you don't know that.  If I have to drop him then I'll just scoop Eifert back up. 

We all know the risks, Prosise, etc.  This s--- happens every year, people come from nowhere.  Coaches move on from players.  All I'm saying is I think he will get touches and the Rams are bad against backs and I could see him having a solid game.  It's obviously a huge risk in the ****tiest back situation in the league.  Not trying to convince anyone to play him just giving my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Prosise is the best all around back they have. If he's healthy he plays.

Eddie Lacy wasn't signed to a top-10 RB contract for no reason.  And Rawls has been huge for them in the past when healthy.  Prosise has minimal rushes. It's obvious they don't see him as their sure bet all-around back right now... This is a committee.  You have to see the advantages on both sides.

There's also this:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl

Rams have been playing really good against short yardage running plays, plays where they're expecting the run.  They haven't done so well otherwise.  McKissic obviously has some big play gadget potential this week, in my opinion.