NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Oladipo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Boggles my mind how he gets so many blocks on a nightly basis recently. Absolute stud. Went from .03 last year to 1.1 so far this year.

Wouldnt have landed him in the 5th since he got picked before my turn, but cant help but feel envious since i got frickin Nerlens Noel the same round. 

Edited by boytoy
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DO RE ME FA SO LA DI PO This man will have all of us singing by the end of the season   

Hear that guys..? That's the sound of Oladipo shattering his ADP. He's been killlllling it...don't see him losing any steam either could be even more efficient with Turner back. Be shocked if he doesn

Posted Images

7 hours ago, a-rob said:

DIPO IS clutch! one of the steals this year, but I think there will be slight dip in value because FG% bound to take a hit. but i am not complaining!

I think the FG% is here to stay. Maybe not 48% like he's at now, but definitely above 46%. 

Watch the games, he gets so many shots at the rim and on the fast break due to his hustle. Dude is on an absolute mission this year.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CFN said:

I think the FG% is here to stay. Maybe not 48% like he's at now, but definitely above 46%. 

Watch the games, he gets so many shots at the rim and on the fast break due to his hustle. Dude is on an absolute mission this year.

That mission definitely involves proving how s---y one can look next to a guy who is on a mission of his own *cough* playing bad defense and forcing rebounds to get triple doubles *cough* 

I almost feel like were getting past the it'll slow down argument. We're over 20 games in and he's not slowing down at all.

I'd expect a slump at some point but night in and night out this guy looks legit and next year I'd be surprised if he wasn't taken in the first 2 rounds of all drafts.

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

I almost feel like were getting past the it'll slow down argument. We're over 20 games in and he's not slowing down at all.

I'd expect a slump at some point but night in and night out this guy looks legit and next year I'd be surprised if he wasn't taken in the first 2 rounds of all drafts.

I agree. I think him eventually slowing down is not going to happen. Now I have never really been an Oladipo fan. There was just something about his game where I just thought he is an above average player that would never be great or an all-star.

I did have a feeling he would do better this year than in previous years just due to the fact that I thought he would be the #1 scoring option on the Pacers. And had he fallen more in my draft (he was taken in the 6th Rd) I may have picked him. But I never thought he would do THIS good.

I too early on was waiting for in my mind the inevitable come back to Earth and be what he has been before fall. I don't think he will continue the super human steals and blocks the past few weeks. But the blocks season average wise for the most part seem sustainable. The season average steals are sustainable for him. The assists are right and will continue. The points should be there season long because he is the #1 option.

As far as the FG%, I am starting to think it is going to last. He seems like he has just become a better basketball player.

Great game. Problem is his ft killing me in roto. I dont even have drummond ane dj and im the 5th worse in 14 teams. I cant even blame anthony davis or henson since henson is low volume. Dipo is high volume.. still he helped me in other cats.

• Like 2
On 12/7/2017 at 9:30 AM, Saltgurkan15 said:

That mission definitely involves proving how s---y one can look next to a guy who is on a mission of his own *cough* playing bad defense and forcing rebounds to get triple doubles *cough* 

Would people please stop being wrong about this, particularly in the wrong thread? 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Should we be selling high on oladipo? Currently have him but is it worth trying to go after a top 10/top 20 guy?

I think if youre gonna sell, gotta go for mid first rounders. He's proving night in and night out that he can stuff the stat sheet. Personally, ill hold and enjoy the ride.