NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Oladipo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DO RE ME FA SO LA DI PO This man will have all of us singing by the end of the season   

Hear that guys..? That's the sound of Oladipo shattering his ADP. He's been killlllling it...don't see him losing any steam either could be even more efficient with Turner back. Be shocked if he doesn

Posted Images

Have him and Harden along with drafting Blake and Dangelo. Have also had some other terrible injury luck but still more concerned with Harden than Dipo.

The fact that he was on the court dribbling prior to tip off on Sunday is a good sign. Seems like team is literally just waiting for swelling to go down in his knee. I'm no doctor but if swelling doesn't go down, what are options? Surgery?

6 minutes ago, jungmich said:

Have him and Harden along with drafting Blake and Dangelo. Have also had some other terrible injury luck but still more concerned with Harden than Dipo.

The fact that he was on the court dribbling prior to tip off on Sunday is a good sign. Seems like team is literally just waiting for swelling to go down in his knee. I'm no doctor but if swelling doesn't go down, what are options? Surgery?

I think the first question that needs to be answered is, what is causing the swelling?

It is pointless to speculate on next steps because we don't even know what is wrong. Swelling/pain/soreness are symptoms. We need to know the cause before we can apply a timeline and manage expectations. Until we know the cause just chill. Bad vibes will only make you more miserable waiting. Good vibes won't help the timeline but it will make you more happy/less miserable while waiting. 

4 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I think the first question that needs to be answered is, what is causing the swelling?

It is pointless to speculate on next steps because we don't even know what is wrong. Swelling/pain/soreness are symptoms. We need to know the cause before we can apply a timeline and manage expectations. Until we know the cause just chill. Bad vibes will only make you more miserable waiting. Good vibes won't help the timeline but it will make you more happy/less miserable while waiting. 

Truth sauce right here. No MRI and all we know is swelling. Need more info before making assumptions.

Unlike the Colts, the Pacers are typically upfront about player injuries.  The original intent was to sit him for 3 games and then reevaluate.  They did that.  It appears they don't feel he is ready yet and since tomorrow is Wednesday so saying that he won't player tomorrow isn't a big shocker, especially since it a road game. 

They start an important 4-game home stand on Saturday v. Bulls, followed by the Bucks, Heat, and Cavs before heading west for 5 games.  I am sure they are targeting him to be available for the home stand.

Indications are that he had an MRI but no results were announced.  I am not sure why that would be the case.  However, if I am certain if something significant had been found, we would have heard by now.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), everyone heals differently.  So, depending on the person and the extent of the injury swelling can take longer to go down.  

The fact is we won't know until we know.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brosephd said:

it's crazy how much of an impact victor makes my team go from a Tier B to Tier A if he is healthy. testament to the kind of season he has been having. rest up hope to see him back soon :/

Funny enough, he makes the Pacers go from a Tier D to a Tier B when he's healthy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was some blind optimism he'd be back for the home stretch right? Not having Harden and Dipo and Dlo and Teague are killing me....Bron and Dragic have double the assists as my whole team so far!

Edit: Home Stretch meaning this Saturday

Edited by jungmich

He said his knee feels "feathery" and he was radiating optimism, so owners can tentatively get him back into active lineups. When asked if he was eased back during Thursday's practice, Oladipo replied, "I don’t ease back. Maybe that’s tough for some people, but not me." 

Dipo a complete G

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, richg24 said:

He said his knee feels "feathery" and he was radiating optimism, so owners can tentatively get him back into active lineups. When asked if he was eased back during Thursday's practice, Oladipo replied, "I don’t ease back. Maybe that’s tough for some people, but not me." 

Dipo a complete G

That's why the ladies love him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Any update if he's good to go today

All we know is that he's a game time decision. The game starts in less than 8 hours. We likely won't find out if he's playing until one to two hours before the game starts.

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

All we know is that he's a game time decision. The game starts in less than 8 hours. We likely won't find out if he's playing until one to two hours before the game starts.

Either way he looks like he is good to go for next week.  In a points league that is huge.

• Like 1