NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Oladipo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DO RE ME FA SO LA DI PO This man will have all of us singing by the end of the season   

Hear that guys..? That's the sound of Oladipo shattering his ADP. He's been killlllling it...don't see him losing any steam either could be even more efficient with Turner back. Be shocked if he doesn

Posted Images

Maybe Victor should be in MVP discussions?  The Pacers are 0-6 with him out of the lineup and 20-13 with him in the lineup.  He is more important to his team than Harden, Curry, and Durant.  The Rockets continue to win without Harden.  The Warriors continue to win when either Curry or Durant are out of the lineup.  The only player who may be more important to his team than Victor is LeBron.  I don't believe the Cavs, without Irving, can win consistently without LeBron.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Maybe Victor should be in MVP discussions?  The Pacers are 0-6 with him out of the lineup and 20-13 with him in the lineup.  He is more important to his team than Harden, Curry, and Durant.  The Rockets continue to win without Harden.  The Warriors continue to win when either Curry or Durant are out of the lineup.  The only player who may be more important to his team than Victor is LeBron.  I don't believe the Cavs, without Irving, can win consistently without LeBron.

MVP might be pushing it but the fact you can even say that and not get laughed at means a lot.

It would be an absolute crime if he isn't an all-star.  Making one of the All-NBA teams is a real possibility if he keeps this up, and most improved should be a lock.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jay14bay said:

MVP might be pushing it but the fact you can even say that and not get laughed at means a lot.

It would be an absolute crime if he isn't an all-star.  Making one of the All-NBA teams is a real possibility if he keeps this up, and most improved should be a lock.

i'm laughing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, MarcoPol0 said:

from rotoworld's blurb: Not bad. He was almost on pace for a quadruple-double at half with all five of those steals coming in the first two quarters. 

i swear they dont even watch the games. he had 5 steals in 7 minutes not 2 quarters

I assumed they NEVER watch the games. Do you know how many employees that would require? If you want game analysis stuff you come to the forums and seek it out.

9 hours ago, jay14bay said:

I'm not laughing. It is all about your interpretation of what makes an MVP. This team played a good stretch without Turner. This team has very little talent. Victor is without a doubt the #1 player on this team that is making them competitive. There isn't a player on any team that is more responsible for making their team exceed expectations by a larger amount. 

I get it James Harden, Lebron, KD, etc. are better players. But their teams aren't exceeding expectations like the Pacers and their supporting casts are so much better that they aren't as valuable to their teams. So is it best player (Harden last year), best stats (Westbrook last year), or most valuable to their team (Barry Larkin in 1995, the last time a player won the award on this criteria)?

• Like 2

MVP doesn't work like that. If that's the case, Anthony Davis would have a few of them by now from carrying that dumpster fire Pelicans franchise. Oladipo is not that tier of player yet either.

The Pacers are barely a playoff team and most likely gonna get left in the dust as that 8th seed by the Sixers. For sure he's going to get Most Improved. But that deserves to be questioned too ( the interpretation of the award ) because Oladipo has never sucked. His environment until now always sucked.

2 seasons ago he was drafted in the top 20 in drafts. He was always this good. 

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, thezing1 said:

I'm not laughing. It is all about your interpretation of what makes an MVP. This team played a good stretch without Turner. This team has very little talent. Victor is without a doubt the #1 player on this team that is making them competitive. There isn't a player on any team that is more responsible for making their team exceed expectations by a larger amount. 

I get it James Harden, Lebron, KD, etc. are better players. But their teams aren't exceeding expectations like the Pacers and their supporting casts are so much better that they aren't as valuable to their teams. So is it best player (Harden last year), best stats (Westbrook last year), or most valuable to their team (Barry Larkin in 1995, the last time a player won the award on this criteria)?

Rockets are exceeding expectations, though not to the extent Indiana is. And that's all Oladipo, where Houston does obviously have a better supporting cast (although Harden is having a better season). 

MVP almost always goes to a player whose team finishes Top 2 in their conference. It would've been criminal not to give it to Westbrook last year, so thankfully he bucked that trend. Harden has been the best player in the NBA this year in my opinion (and probably the opinion of the majority of people). You could argue that it's been LeBron even prior to the injury, and I'd allow it. Their teams are higher ranked, they have more notoriety, and they've been better basketball players. Everybody knows MVP doesn't actually go to the MVP. Even if the Rockets tumble and the Cavs can't move past third, Durant or Kyrie would both likely take the award before Victor. I don't even think Oladipo has a realistic chance at the award at this juncture.

32 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Rockets are exceeding expectations, though not to the extent Indiana is. And that's all Oladipo, where Houston does obviously have a better supporting cast (although Harden is having a better season). 

MVP almost always goes to a player whose team finishes Top 2 in their conference. It would've been criminal not to give it to Westbrook last year, so thankfully he bucked that trend. Harden has been the best player in the NBA this year in my opinion (and probably the opinion of the majority of people). You could argue that it's been LeBron even prior to the injury, and I'd allow it. Their teams are higher ranked, they have more notoriety, and they've been better basketball players. Everybody knows MVP doesn't actually go to the MVP. Even if the Rockets tumble and the Cavs can't move past third, Durant or Kyrie would both likely take the award before Victor. I don't even think Oladipo has a realistic chance at the award at this juncture.

I think most people already knew Houston was the 2nd best team in the West when the season started. Whoever said OKC must be a delusional Carmelo supporter.  Though that might change when Kawhi is 100% and that will make the Spurs the 2nd best. 

The rest looks solid though.

This reminds me of when Arenas was playing out of his mind while carrying the Wizards like 10 or so years ago and everyone wanted him to be MVP lmao.

10 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

MVP doesn't work like that. If that's the case, Anthony Davis would have a few of them by now from carrying that dumpster fire Pelicans franchise. Oladipo is not that tier of player yet either.

The Pacers are barely a playoff team and most likely gonna get left in the dust as that 8th seed by the Sixers. For sure he's going to get Most Improved. But that deserves to be questioned too ( the interpretation of the award ) because Oladipo has never sucked. His environment until now always sucked.

2 seasons ago he was drafted in the top 20 in drafts. He was always this good. 

I know how the MVP works. I never said he should be the MVP. I said it depends on the interpretation of what is an MVP.

The Pacers were positioned for a 4 seed battle before Dipo went down. Postseason is far to easy to call at this point in the East.

I get the context part, but this is a breakout. He may have always had this potential, but this is the first time he is demonstrating it game in and game out. Sure, he has the opportunity.....it is like saying Harden was always as good as he has been with the Rockets so you should discount what he is doing and just chalk it up to opportunity. 

Agree on how you want to interpret Most Improved. 

All of these awards are pretty annoying to debate and the only debate more annoying is the GOAT. End of the day I don't remember MVPs, I just remember guys that won me fantasy championships. 

Edited by thezing1
  • Like 1