NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Oladipo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, bksm said:

Anybody know what happened to Oladipo? I keep seeing the same stats. 

Yeah I don't know what's going on either. 

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DO RE ME FA SO LA DI PO This man will have all of us singing by the end of the season   

Hear that guys..? That's the sound of Oladipo shattering his ADP. He's been killlllling it...don't see him losing any steam either could be even more efficient with Turner back. Be shocked if he doesn

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah I don't know what's going on either. 

Well I finally saw his stats change! Guess he had an off game. 

*edit, yeah looks like foul trouble, cause really good %'s and is now starting to heat up. Glad it wasn't an injury!

Edited by bksm
  • Thanks 1

IMO he hasnt been efficient since opposing perimeter players can focus on him without Darren collison  (Cojo isn’t close to the offensive threat Collison is) who is a consistent shooter and can drive, kick and create for Vic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Mikhov said:

IMO he hasnt been efficient since opposing perimeter players can focus on him without Darren collison  (Cojo isn’t close to the offensive threat Collison is) who is a consistent shooter and can drive, kick and create for Vic

Well, Collison is due back any day now, so it's not a huge concern.

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

he needs to get back his powers by drinking that black panther lean

His powers are just fine ok over last 5 games he is averaging over 4 steals so he is still a god, just not shooting as well but all the lines have been full 9 cat lines. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, richg24 said:

His powers are just fine ok over last 5 games he is averaging over 4 steals so he is still a god, just not shooting as well but all the lines have been full 9 cat lines. 

yeah not complaining, as long as he is playing he makes the pacers contenders as well as any fantasy team up a tier

5 hours ago, Mambamode said:

Vic would be top 10 ADP next season, if he could shoot the ball like he did in December. Now he is a lock from 11-15 IMO!

He has a great chance to be just that but he still doesn't have the name value to be in top 11 next season pre draft. Most people will still pick Irving and Lillard over him.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ber said:

He has a great chance to be just that but he still doesn't have the name value to be in top 11 next season pre draft. Most people will still pick Irving and Lillard over him.

I own both Oladipo and Lillard this year, and I would definitely take Lillard over Dipo next year. Lillard has been a monster lately

Edited by atrium
16 minutes ago, atrium said:

I own both Oladipo and Lillard this year, and I would definitely take Lillard over Dipo next year. Lillard has been a monster lately

Same here  - Lillard and Oladipo owner. I plan on keeping both, but Lillard is on another level

7 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Same here  - Lillard and Oladipo owner. I plan on keeping both, but Lillard is on another level

problem with lillard is that when his shooting cools off he can't make up for it with heavy steals and blocks like oladipo does. personally I prefer less threes and points, with massive steals because 3s are easy to make up for. i agree when lillard is going off like he has been last few weeks he is probably better overall, and has more 1st round type name value, but oladipo is equally valuable in fantasy, if not more, depending on build. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, richg24 said:

problem with lillard is that when his shooting cools off he can't make up for it with heavy steals and blocks like oladipo does. personally I prefer less threes and points, with massive steals because 3s are easy to make up for. i agree when lillard is going off like he has been last few weeks he is probably better overall, and has more 1st round type name value, but oladipo is equally valuable in fantasy, if not more, depending on build. 

I am an Oladipo owner but to put him on the same level of Lillard is ridiculous. Lillard has been borderline first rd for a good few years now. This is Oladipo first apperance and it took a perfect storm in Indiana to do it. If Indiana picks up another star or Turner lives up to his potential, Oladipo will regress. Lillard will continue to produce late 1st rd regardless of who you put next to him. I am comfortable taking Lillard in the first rd next year but not touching Oladipo until mid to late 2nd round. Until Oladipo can produce in multiple years, he can't be considered in the first rd. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JoeNoIngles said:

I am an Oladipo owner but to put him on the same level of Lillard is ridiculous. Lillard has been borderline first rd for a good few years now. This is Oladipo first apperance and it took a perfect storm in Indiana to do it. If Indiana picks up another star or Turner lives up to his potential, Oladipo will regress. Lillard will continue to produce late 1st rd regardless of who you put next to him. I am comfortable taking Lillard in the first rd next year but not touching Oladipo until mid to late 2nd round. Until Oladipo can produce in multiple years, he can't be considered in the first rd. 

How is it ridiculous when they are ranked almost the exact same this year? He literally is on the same level as him this season lol. Lillard has never been a true first rounder btw, always taken earliest at the turn, very often after John Wall and CP3 because many owners value higher assist + steal combo over higher points + 3s. 

Lillard has the egde in points and 3s, basically 27 pts v. 24 pts, and 3.2 threes v. 2.2 threes, plus a strong edge in ft% impact. 

Oladipo has a massive edge in steals, 2.1 v. 1.0, and an edge in blocks 0.7 v. 0.4 and fg%, 47.5% v. 45%.

So you can see they are very even, and who you would want depends on which stats you want. Assuming all things remain equal, meaning no significant chagnes to the roster for either, they should have the same value and I personally prefer Oladipo and would not trade him for Lillard. The points and 3s edge doesn't sway me at all. 

1 minute ago, richg24 said:

How is it ridiculous when they are ranked almost the exact same this year? He literally is on the same level as him this season lol. Lillard has never been a true first rounder btw, always taken earliest at the turn, very often after John Wall and CP3 because many owners value higher assist + steal combo over higher points + 3s. 

Lillard has the egde in points and 3s, basically 27 pts v. 24 pts, and 3.2 threes v. 2.2 threes, plus a strong edge in ft% impact. 

Oladipo has a massive edge in steals, 2.1 v. 1.0, and an edge in blocks 0.7 v. 0.4 and fg%, 47.5% v. 45%.

So you can see they are very even, and who you would want depends on which stats you want. Assuming all things remain equal, meaning no significant chagnes to the roster for either, they should have the same value and I personally prefer Oladipo and would not trade him for Lillard. The points and 3s edge doesn't sway me at all. 

The argument isn't about this year's production but next year and onward. Are you sure Oladipo will continue to produce first rd value and you're willing to bet your first pick on it? Oladipo doesn't have that kind of resume to warrant the risk whereas Lillard does. Why forgo a sure in Lillard and take a risk with Oladipo when Oladipo's peak value is Lillard?

• Like 3
Just now, JoeNoIngles said:

The argument isn't about this year's production but next year and onward. Are you sure Oladipo will continue to produce first rd value and you're willing to bet your first pick on it? Oladipo doesn't have that kind of resume to warrant the risk whereas Lillard does. Why forgo a sure in Lillard and take a risk with Oladipo when Oladipo's peak value is Lillard?

Well my opinion for sure would change if indy brings in another all-star caliber player, but I don't really see that happening. I don't judge who I would take first round more than a few weeks before the next season. I play auction anyway so round doesn't matter to me. I would pay the same for both of them in an auction if everything remains the same next season. If I played snake, then i would be fine with taking either at the very beginning of the 2nd round, or like right at the turn of the first in 12+ teamer. 

It's really hard being in a discussion right now with Dipo vs. Lillard when Lillard at the present moment is playing the best ball of his career in the past few games and Dipo is coming off 2 "not very like Dipo" games (I didn't want to say stinkers lol)

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

Oladipo doesn't have 'heavy blocks', he averages 0.4 more blocks. Not a league winning difference there. Lillard also averages 2 more assists per game than Dipo, and has a more proven track record.

Regardless of Lillard's recent hot streak, he has been a more valuable 9 cat player this entire season than Dipo has (he's ranked 8th on the season to Dipo's 10th).

• Like 1