NBC Sports Edge Forums

Victor Oladipo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DO RE ME FA SO LA DI PO This man will have all of us singing by the end of the season   

Hear that guys..? That's the sound of Oladipo shattering his ADP. He's been killlllling it...don't see him losing any steam either could be even more efficient with Turner back. Be shocked if he doesn

Posted Images

Hear that guys..? That's the sound of Oladipo shattering his ADP. He's been killlllling it...don't see him losing any steam either could be even more efficient with Turner back. Be shocked if he doesn't return top 30 value.

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

One of the easiest draft picks in the fifth round (12 teams) this season. You had to know he'd return value after being relegated to a role player by Westbrick.

league winning pick if got him in the 5th. looking like top 25 with top 20 potential. 

11 minutes ago, apatas said:

I took him #41. But I am still not sure he will finish at TOP30. He is usually a little bit inconsistent.

took him 4th round, #52, in  16 team league. cant be happier

too bad my next 2 picks were busts LOL (Favors and Jamal Murray)

If Indiana keep pushing the pace and Oladipo isn't charged with having to create for others I think he's going to continue to beast.  He's a scorer first and foremost and whatever inefficiencies he has trying to break down a set half court defense he's making up for it by running out on the break like a man possessed.  I hope he has a big year both for his and Indiana's sake.

Right now Dipo has 24/4,5/3,5/2,5 stl, 2threes and 47/85. I can (almost) guarantee, he will not be that good. Rebs and ast can stay the same, all other stats reduce a little bit. I expect 21 pts, 1,5 stl and 1,5 threes 45%FG. I add that I own him and this comment is not due to some jealousy.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, apatas said:

Right now Dipo has 24/4,5/3,5/2,5 stl, 2threes and 47/85. I can (almost) guarantee, he will not be that good. Rebs and ast can stay the same, all other stats reduce a little bit. I expect 21 pts, 1,5 stl and 1,5 threes 45%FG. I add that I own him and this comment is not due to some jealousy.

In his final season with the Magic (2015-16), post All Star break he posted:

47.4% FG, 82% FT, 19.4 PTS, 1.4 3PM, 5.1 REB, 3.9 AST, 2.2 STL, 1.1 BLK, 1.9 TO

That was in 24 games. I believe that was top 25 value during that time frame. He may regress a little bit but it's not crazy to think he can sustain the steals and above average FG%. If he got 1 BLK a game with what he's already doing my face would melt. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, apatas said:

4 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

In his final season with the Magic (2015-16), post All Star break he posted:

47.4% FG, 82% FT, 19.4 PTS, 1.4 3PM, 5.1 REB, 3.9 AST, 2.2 STL, 1.1 BLK, 1.9 TO

That was in 24 games. I believe that was top 25 value during that time frame. He may regress a little bit but it's not crazy to think he can sustain the steals and above average FG%. If he got 1 BLK a game with what he's already doing my face would melt. 

I agree with both of these things. 

Apatas is right to think a slight regression is coming considering Turner isn't in the mix. I think a slight regression in steals and points may be in the future. lbjames6 is right in highlighting that he has actually produced at these high levels for decent stretches....which is why I think the regression will be minor.

The one thing I am going to add is the pace is most definitely real in Indiana. That creates so much opportunity so Dipo can definitely stay at elevated levels. Also, his minutes have been capped in 2 of 4 games due to foul trouble vs. Bkn and Minn. Imagine his stat line with 36 minutes in those juicy games. All good things. Since everyone is sharing their draft stories, I took him in a high stakes 8 cat league in the 4th with 45th pick. It was between Aaron Gordon and Dipo, and I chose Dipo because he fit my team build and strategy and Gordon went immediately after at 46th. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Judicious said:

Look how good you look when your backcourt mate doesn't break usage records to stat pad for his MVP campaign 

Stop. 

Anyway, Dipo is good now because the Pacers don't have any other perimeter scoring option. His usage is super high too because he's terrible off-ball. We saw what happened in Orlando on the rare occasions that they let him do everything. This was an easy pick when he was on the board. 

#48 in 10 team 9cat-roto.....  pretty happy, someone made fun of me for him...  We'll see who's laughing in April.

Then again Simmons and Russell went right after so its gonna be pretty close, but I think Simmons will be closer to VO value than Russell.