NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Victor Oladipo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

dekciw_1

2 hours ago, gill2k said:

Oladipo anchoring my FG% despite sub .100 shooting from Covington. 

Same, haha. Rocking a .540 + FG% even with Covington's 1/11. Thanks 'Dipo!

This guy has instantly become one of my favorite players in the game this year. He's on a mission, brings it hard every night. Reminds me of Westbrook last year. 

• Like 1

Monster..Hope he continues to s--- on this joke of a Org for years to come. 

This furthers illustrates how disfunctional Orl truly is as an organization. Trades away players for peanuts (Tobias/Dipo) and completely horrid at developing young talent (herzonjza, Payton, and even though he's balling out...stunted AG growth first couple of years playing him in wrong position/Ahem  having SKILES as a coach in general)

• Like 1

That Ibaka trade never made any sense to me for Orlando.  Imagine Oladipo and Sabonis with Gordon, Vooch, and Fournier.

Anyway, I've known and watched Dipo since he was 14/15 years old.  Really a Great kid, very grounded, and BIG TIME work ethic.  He deserves every bit of success he's having this year and I fully expected it.  Wish I had him on my team.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CFN said:

Same, haha. Rocking a .540 + FG% even with Covington's 1/11. Thanks 'Dipo!

This guy has instantly become one of my favorite players in the game this year. He's on a mission, brings it hard every night. Reminds me of Westbrook last year. 

Yeah... i own them both too :D

8 hours ago, VaTerp said:

That Ibaka trade never made any sense to me for Orlando.  Imagine Oladipo and Sabonis with Gordon, Vooch, and Fournier.

Anyway, I've known and watched Dipo since he was 14/15 years old.  Really a Great kid, very grounded, and BIG TIME work ethic.  He deserves every bit of success he's having this year and I fully expected it.  Wish I had him on my team.

While I agree that was not a good trade for Orlando, I don't think Oladipo would have flourished there as he has this season. Fournier and Payton would likely still start and take away a lot of usage in the backcourt and his development may have taken a backseat to Gordon's.

• Like 1