NBC Sports Edge Forums

Minnesota Vikings 2017 Season Outlook

• 2 months later...

While it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things, the Vikings seem to be continually disrespected by the NFL power rank "experts."

1. Patriots (2 wins against teams above .500, 1 in the top 10)

2. Eagles (1 wins against teams above .500, 1 in the top 10)

3. Vikings (4 wins against teams above .500, 2 in the top 10)

Losses and winning team rank.

Patriots: #9 and #21

Eagles: #8 and #21

Vikings: #4 and #18

In other words, the Vikings have more quality wins and their losses are against better teams. The Vikings also rank #2 in total defense and #5 in total offense. I understand why the Patriots are ahead of the Vikings, but the Eagles should have fallen to 3rd behind the Vikings. 

1 hour ago, munde53 said:

While it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things, the Vikings seem to be continually disrespected by the NFL power rank "experts."

1. Patriots (2 wins against teams above .500, 1 in the top 10)

2. Eagles (1 wins against teams above .500, 1 in the top 10)

3. Vikings (4 wins against teams above .500, 2 in the top 10)

Losses and winning team rank.

Patriots: #9 and #21

Eagles: #8 and #21

Vikings: #4 and #18

In other words, the Vikings have more quality wins and their losses are against better teams. The Vikings also rank #2 in total defense and #5 in total offense. I understand why the Patriots are ahead of the Vikings, but the Eagles should have fallen to 3rd behind the Vikings. 

Does it matter what "experts" think? The Vikings have the best Oline and and a great defense. Enjoy your team, all that matters is who is on top in February, not what some doofus that works for ESPN says. 

10 hours ago, tjspark said:

I think they just don’t respect Case. 

I think that is exactly right. Everyone, even the Vikings coaching staff, are waiting for Keenum to turn back into a pumpkin, but I don't think that is going to happen. I always low-key liked Keenum and thought Jeff Fisher was an idiot. I'm glad he is getting a chance to show what he can do on a competent team.

Also, anyone else rolling out the Vikings D this weekend? I have a gut feeling they are going to go down to Carolina and smash the Panthers, despite them not being ranked all that highly by most experts (recommending streaming teams like GB and Dallas over the Vikings for example).

Vikings fans are so annoying, always asking why don't they get respect and all that BS, stop chasing people's approval and simply be confident about your team if you really think they are SB bound.

I, for one, am an Eagles fan and hated the hype we were getting during the past month, I'm almost glad they lost to the Seahawks so it stops all that nonsense. Now we have to face the "easy schedule" nonsense but hey, at least it puts you in a position to smash those retards' opinions.

22 minutes ago, b_23 said:

I think that is exactly right. Everyone, even the Vikings coaching staff, are waiting for Keenum to turn back into a pumpkin, but I don't think that is going to happen. I always low-key liked Keenum and thought Jeff Fisher was an idiot. I'm glad he is getting a chance to show what he can do on a competent team.

Also, anyone else rolling out the Vikings D this weekend? I have a gut feeling they are going to go down to Carolina and smash the Panthers, despite them not being ranked all that highly by most experts (recommending streaming teams like GB and Dallas over the Vikings for example).

I will be. It was between them, the Bills, or the Jets for me, but I think I'm going to roll with the best overall defense rather than a bad defense in a good matchup.

33 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

I will be. It was between them, the Bills, or the Jets for me, but I think I'm going to roll with the best overall defense rather than a bad defense in a good matchup.

Good logic.  Cam is known to have meltdowns too. 

Just curious, how were you able to have both Julio and Bell on your team?  Bell had to go one or two so you must have traded for Julio....am I right?  Can’t imagine Julio being there on your second pick, number 19. And I suppose you picked up David Johnson when the one guy cut him. 

20 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Good logic.  Cam is known to have meltdowns too. 

Just curious, how were you able to have both Julio and Bell on your team?  Bell had to go one or two so you must have traded for Julio....am I right?  Can’t imagine Julio being there on your second pick, number 19. And I suppose you picked up David Johnson when the one guy cut him. 

It's a keeper league where we keep 3 each year at no penalty for as long as you want. Picked Bell after his rookie year and got DJ off waivers his rookie year. I somehow managed to keep Arian Foster before his last year with the Texans and trade him for the #1 overall pick in the draft which landed me Julio because the guy who had him before let him go.

Unfortunately Julio didn't blow up last night like I was hoping for so now I really need these Vikings to get to Cam!

On 12/7/2017 at 10:46 AM, calibar said:

Vikings fans are so annoying, always asking why don't they get respect and all that BS, stop chasing people's approval and simply be confident about your team if you really think they are SB bound.

I, for one, am an Eagles fan and hated the hype we were getting during the past month, I'm almost glad they lost to the Seahawks so it stops all that nonsense. Now we have to face the "easy schedule" nonsense but hey, at least it puts you in a position to smash those retards' opinions.

Cool, good for you. 

31 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

How about some turnovers, sacks or TDs from the daunting defensive unit. These guys have been killing me. Points against bonus isn't cutting boys.

This week is a perfect setup for that...

11 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

This week is a perfect setup for that...

What's the reasoning behind that comment?  Cam has thrown like 1 INT in the last 5 weeks or so.  I'm hoping you're right, but agree with the previous commenter that they are not racking up any turnovers or sacks, and I'm hesitant to think that will rebound this week, but would be happy to be convinced otherwise.

8 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

What's the reasoning behind that comment?  Cam has thrown like 1 INT in the last 5 weeks or so.  I'm hoping you're right, but agree with the previous commenter that they are not racking up any turnovers or sacks, and I'm hesitant to think that will rebound this week, but would be happy to be convinced otherwise.

They've been bleh all year from a fantasy prospective.