NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018 Keeper/Dynasty League Offseason Trade Targets

17 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I should be tarred and feathered for asking this, but I wonder what the price for David Dahl would be?  

I think that’s an excellent target for dynastys. Maybe the owner has waited long enough that they are committed, but they could also be over it. Worth asking.

Edited by brockpapersizer

Dahl was dropped im my 10 keeper league so i picked him up...but i already have Goldschmidt, Altuve, Donaldson, Correa, Betts, Bellinger, Votto, Devers, Hamilton and lots of talents like Robles, Acuna, Guerrero, Jimenez....so i guess i can’t keep him...but i still like him in keeper/dynasty leagues

On 9/30/2017 at 2:26 AM, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Austin Barnes C/2b Dodgers

On 10/17/2017 at 4:48 PM, Mitchell_McDi said:

starting second baseman next year in LA? Will possibly see time at catcher too? I'd love to see a big sample size from this fella

i don't know why the dodgers wouldn't start barnes and let grandal be the backup.. his offensive numbers are a quite a bit better (wRC+ of 102 vs 142) and barnes is supposed to be good behind the plate. seems like it would be easy solution to start barnes at catcher and let him have a break from catching to play somewhere else and backfill with grandal.

grandal is a great catcher, but barnes is pretty good in his own right, according to baseball prospectus. http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com/sortable/index.php?cid=1899425

Just thought it was interesting that Salvador Perez is younger than Austin Barnes.  

Dodgers probably play both he and Grandal a bit.  Is Austin Barnes really going to continue at the pace he was going at? I tend to think not, despite him being very good. They probably split quite a bit of catcher duties next year, unless Yasmani gets traded.  Barnes put better numbers this year in the majors than he did in the PCL last year.  Is the Majors the new PCL?  I don't even mean that facetiously. We use to have to temper players expectations coming from the PCL, that doesn't seem to be the case much anymore.  

Edited by brockpapersizer

I have to go with.......... Alex Bregman. Yes, an Astros fan, but love this guy. He got so much hate after his tepid start to the year. 

Career slash of .279 BA/.342 OBP/.476 SLG.

Compare that to .279 BA/.329 OBP/.476 SLG for manny machado

Bregman is a year younger, better K and BB rates. Steals more bases. Depends on scoring, but this guy as 3B/SS eligible next year should be a guy that's heavily targeted. Post break he batted .315/.367/.536, 11 HR and 18 2B in 71 games with 9 steals. Should stay in the 2 hole. Batting behind springer, in front of altuve and correa? Buy buy buy. 

Not saying he = Manny Machado, but he's a guy I'd target.