NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Dunn 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Last year as a lottery pick this guy was getting Dwade comparisons. Then he struggled on a Wolves team where he barely got to play, and couldn't hit the side of a barn. When given some run at the end of the season however he had some impressive lines (one game like 7 stocks combined, had 16 assists last game of the season).

This year the guy is an afterthought even though he was a key piece in a trade of Jimmy Butler. The Bulls bought-out Wade, and Lavine isn't going to be healthy to start the season...which means their backcourt minutes and usage are entirely up for grabs. 

I still predict an awful field goal, but I think he will get 5-6 assists, 2+ steals, with 4+ rebounds a game. Anyone taking a chance on him? I think he has a good a shot of producing as any of the rookie point guards people are reaching for, and he can usually be had with your last pick. Who is buying low on the Dunn hype train?

• Like 1
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im a basketball fan, so I'm pretending the Knicks and Bulls don't excist. 

? His role will stay the same, which is the starting point guard. The only thing that will change is less shot attempts. 

STARTING

I was really high on him last year until he proved that he didn't know how to play professional basketball yet. If Fred Hoiberg and the Bulls embrace the tank and let him make mistakes then I can see him put up useful volume stats alongwith awful efficiency. I thought he was gonna be a poor man's John Wall, but he was looking more like a Mudiay last year

Should provide elite steals and decent assist and rebounds around 26 to 28 minutes per game in a semi-timeshare with Grant. 

His efficiency is another thing though. I don't think he's as bad a free throw shooter as projected, but he's certainly gonna damage your FG%. 

7 minutes ago, Rhythms said:

Jerian Grant is going to start over him and could actually be a productive nba player.

You do realize Dunn was the main centerpiece of that Butler trade, right?

People already know what Jerian Grant is.

Just now, MONEY BALL said:

You do realize that Dunn is and has always been garbage in the nba, right? This is a guy that Thibs wanted to start over Rubio. If Dunn had any semblance of nba talent, he would have shown it given the minutes he's played last year and got rubio traded. The NBA is very merit based. If you can't play it doesn't matter where you were drafted (Anthony Bennett, Darko Milicic, Hasheem Thabeet to name a few) you're not going to get minutes. If you can play it doesn't matter where you get drafted you're going to work your way into minutes.

Jerian Grant is bad but atleast he can do something on the offensive end. Kris Dunn is a good defender though, I'll give you that.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but what does it say about Kris Dunn when he can't even show enough to win the starting job (either in summer league, training camp or in preseason) over Jerian Grant, quite possibly the 60th best pg last year.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, MONEY BALL said:

We also realized that can Cameron Payne was brought in for Taj & Doug. This move has already proved to be a mistake.

This front office is just that bad.

Grant is a more competent basket-ball player it's as simple as that. Dunn is nothing but potential & teasing at this point.

Edited by BbFlyEmCeE
2 hours ago, Rhythms said:

You do realize that Dunn is and has always been garbage in the nba, right? This is a guy that Thibs wanted to start over Rubio. If Dunn had any semblance of nba talent, he would have shown it given the minutes he's played last year and got rubio traded. The NBA is very merit based. If you can't play it doesn't matter where you were drafted (Anthony Bennett, Darko Milicic, Hasheem Thabeet to name a few) you're not going to get minutes. If you can play it doesn't matter where you get drafted you're going to work your way into minutes.

Jerian Grant is bad but atleast he can do something on the offensive end. Kris Dunn is a good defender though, I'll give you that.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but what does it say about Kris Dunn when he can't even show enough to win the starting job (either in summer league, training camp or in preseason) over Jerian Grant, quite possibly the 60th best pg last year.

What are you talking about? Dunn was a rookie last year, and Rubio is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. 

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

What are you talking about? Dunn was a rookie last year, and Rubio is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. 

Wolves drafted Dunn to replace Rubio. The plan was to trade rubio by midseason and have Dunn start, but he was so bad that they couldn't trade rubio

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Doesn't address what I said. 

Read the post you originally replied to.

2 hours ago, Rhythms said:

This is a guy that Thibs wanted to start over Rubio. If Dunn had any semblance of nba talent, he would have shown it given the minutes he's played last year and got rubio traded.

Edited by Rhythms
7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He started tonight. Again, what are you talking about? 

He was penciled in as the defacto starter after the trade and the fact that Jerian grant is getting looks as the starting pg AND outplaying Dunn shows how bad Dunn is.

edit: I'm didn't watch the beginning of the game but it looks like Grant started again according to the Box score so I'm pretty sure your rebuttal is just bull.

Edited by Rhythms
3 minutes ago, Rhythms said:

He was penciled in as the defacto starter after the trade and the fact that Jerian grant is getting looks as the starting pg AND outplaying Dunn shows how bad Dunn is.

No, actually, 2 preseason games don't show that at all. Neither does one rookie playing behind a better player. 

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

No, actually, 2 preseason games don't show that at all. Neither does one rookie playing behind a better player. 

I'm pretty sure he was outplayed in training camp too. That's why Jerian was the surprise starter for the bulls in preseason. It's one thing for a rookie playing behind a better player, but it's another to be completely garbage for the whole nba season and outplayed by the 3rd string Tyus Jones that's younger than you.

• Haha 1