NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Dunn 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im a basketball fan, so I'm pretending the Knicks and Bulls don't excist. 

? His role will stay the same, which is the starting point guard. The only thing that will change is less shot attempts. 

STARTING

During the 12 games in which he played more than 25min last season, he averaged 7.7 pts, 0.5 3pts, 4.6 reb, 5.4 ast, 2.6 stl, 0.9 blk, 1.7 to. The steal number was insane. He's only 23, he will get more confidence from the court and is definitely going to be better this season given the opportunity cos he's meant to be part of the building block of the Bulls.

Edited by kawaiileonard
  • Like 1

Back today but will come off the bench. Not sure if this is a wait and see situation - but from all outlets, it has “timeshare written all over it”. 

I might take a flier on him while i wait for my IR, Rondo to be cleared for a return.

24 minutes ago, Free Ballers said:

I have a vibe he’s going to be a useful fantasy asset this year. They’re bad, he plays great d and it’s a lot easier to be comfortable scoring when you play with a flock of nobodies. 

Truer words have never been written on these forums. This extends to all forms of basketball. NBA, NCAA, YMCA, suburban parks.

I hate how underdeveloped his game is at 23 years old.  He has an unreliable jumpshot and from what I saw from him with the Timberwolves he isn't that great at finishing in traffic.  He can be a ball stopper and overdribbles it a lot before he decides what to do. 

The absolute worst thing with Dunn IMO is his inability to get others into the game.  He's a PG in name only.  He's constantly looking for his own shot and his first game with the Bulls the other night he flat out ignored open teammates at least 3 times, either intentionally or because he's so zoned in to scoring it himself. 

At least he's super athletic and quick.  He should be a per minute steals monster but everything else about his game puts me off big time.  Wouldn't be surprised one bit if he finishes the season with <41% FG, <70% FT and a bad TO number.

Something's brewing...have a feeling about this kid. Defense is insane.....legit defensive goldmine here.

Ugly jumper but he's so athletic and aggressive with the drives, he'll get buckets. 

As as I type this, he just blew by somebody with a cross over and dunked on someone lol

FG% and TOs will be tough to swallow though, but let's see what he does in the next couple of games, if he won't ruin fg% and TOs too much he could actually fit my punt pts/ft% team really nicely

Edited by GmGodine

For points leagues, if he can find his shot and get it anywhere close to nba averages in percentage while bumping his minutes up to 32ish, he'll definitely be rosterable.  I cut J-Rich loose and took a flier.