NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kris Dunn 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im a basketball fan, so I'm pretending the Knicks and Bulls don't excist. 

? His role will stay the same, which is the starting point guard. The only thing that will change is less shot attempts. 

STARTING

5 minutes ago, Babyowl said:

Dunn will never be on my roster again.. i'd rather be patient zero for an aggressive case of genital warts than run that scrub again. 

Sad that he gets you 4 solid games and you drop him after 1 poor performance. He had 12 steals in 4 games prior to this one. That's elite. Good luck finding something like that on the waiver :)

• Like 1
On 11/16/2017 at 1:45 AM, Babyowl said:

Dunn will never be on my roster again.. i'd rather be patient zero for an aggressive case of genital warts than run that scrub again. 

I actually thought about picking up Dunn the night before that game, but then I realized it was on the road in OKC and Westbrook.  If you discount that game, Dunn has really played phenomenally (considering coming off the bench) in 5 of his last 6 games.

3 minutes ago, Free Ballers said:

his %s and turnovers are brutal...he'll score here and there and almost lead the league in steals, but that's a whole lot of ugliness that comes along with it.

Some of us do not play in league with 2 players, where we can pick 13 top 50 players. So we have to get by somehow. Dunn is that somehow at least for now. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Some of us do not play in league with 2 players, where we can pick 13 top 50 players. So we have to get by somehow. Dunn is that somehow at least for now. 

I hyped him up right when he came back for his potential.  Today he was picked up in my main league and I chose Courtney lee over him.  two less turnovers a game, make freebies and treys and gets some steals...for example.  

9 minutes ago, Free Ballers said:

his %s and turnovers are brutal...he'll score here and there and almost lead the league in steals, but that's a whole lot of ugliness that comes along with it.

TOs are brutal yes.  

But as far as FG%, is it truly brutal?  Based on last year alone - yes.  But in the last five games this year, he is shooting 47 percent.  Do I believe he will continue to shoot 47%, probably not.  But he is only in his second year, so I think it is conceivable that he worked on his shot/driving ability and it will not be a brutal FG%.  FT% remains to be seen whether that has improved because he is not getting to the line at all yet.

The upside is there.  It seems like he is starting to figure it out.  This team desperately needs a PG.  He will continue to get a chance especially once he is starting.  I think Dunn is absolutely worth a pickup just based on the elite steals alone.  

3 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

TOs are brutal yes.  

But as far as FG%, is it truly brutal?  Based on last year alone - yes.  But in the last five games this year, he is shooting 47 percent.  Do I believe he will continue to shoot 47%, probably not.  But he is only in his second year, so I think it is conceivable that he worked on his shot/driving ability and it will not be a brutal FG%.  FT% remains to be seen whether that has improved because he is not getting to the line at all yet.

The upside is there.  It seems like he is starting to figure it out.  This team desperately needs a PG.  He will continue to get a chance especially once he is starting.  I think Dunn is absolutely worth a pickup just based on the elite steals alone.  

I

'm pretty confident that if Dunn shoots between 41%-43% he's going to end up being on a lot of championship teams this year. We all know its only a matter of time until he supplants Jerian Grant as the lead PG.  In addition, the makings of a Lavine and Dunn backcourt could be a magical pairing. Another shooter to go with Markannen and Valentine should have owners very optimistic about his production prospects. To be clear, I still think his offensive game is below average, but this dudes defense is top notch and will keep him on the floor. His averages in his first 10 games are already useful at 12ppg-5rpg-4apg-2.1 steals-43% fgs. Assuming he gets the starting job eventually I could see him being posting a 14/15ppg-6rpg-6apg-2.5 steals with about a three game. Hopefully the ft% and fg% can be palatable to really offer owners value as a dynamic swiss army knife type. Im buying in the few leagues where I dont own him. 

meh hes okay... hit or miss ROS. might really just be a streamer but worth holding. great lines lately but opposing team metrics on D have been pretty miserable (pho, cha, sa, ind, even tor). pretty sure he will struggle pretty badly and make it truly hard to own him against good defenses but i’ll hold him.

anyone else have dunn and ntilikina? similar strengths/different weaknesses but both high stl/low end pg options available on the wire. i think ntilikina could end up better ROS, but who knows. thoughts?