NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2017-2018

raptors24

^ he reaggravated it (or so the announcers immediately said) at the end of the 3rd when he mistimed a jump on a rebounding battle. came down awkwardly and limped around for a bit, but he's finishing the game now since they really need him (Cousins picked up his 5th foul early in the 3rd q).

Either told staff he's ok or powering through it. I'm mildly concerned, he definitely should've rested if he was not close to 100%. my thoughts were that he was at least 90% but obviously being too optimistic I guess. that groin injury was supposed to keep him sidelined much longer.

edit: he just grabbed his groin again after coming down for a board so it's def bothering him :( moving fine but there's moments where the camera catches him grabbing that area

Edited by Tr3yball

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Well it's def a concerning medical staff, but even a good one wouldn't be able to keep up with him tweeking every part of his body. This guy is a unique case unlike anything i have ever seen. 

AD is brittle but this staff is known to mess people up too. Eric Gordon, Ryno, Jrue. I don't know why the Pelicans don't want to hire a new group of medical staff to overlook their players. And Gentry playing AD and Cousins 35-40 mpg nightly is not helping either.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sya said:

AD is brittle but this staff is known to mess people up too. Eric Gordon, Ryno, Jrue. I don't know why the Pelicans don't want to hire a new group of medical staff to overlook their players. And Gentry playing AD and Cousins 35-40 mpg nightly is not helping either.

Very interesting, never thought about injuries from a medical staff's competency standpoint. Always under the assumption that they're all the same and always carry the same objective of treating the players to the best of their abilities.

Any stories on this staff that you can shed more light on?

7 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Any stories on this staff that you can shed more light on?

I believe Eric Gordon took a public shot at the training staff once he left town.  Davis is made of glass so you can't really blame them for it but how in the world can they (or the coaches) justify trotting AD out for 31 (when he was supposed to be capped at 25) and then 40 minutes in his first two games back from a groin injury?  

14 hours ago, sya said:

You can't underestimate the outrageous stupidity of this coaching staff.  40 minutes just a few days after a serious injury?  He was never fully healed and they run him into the ground anyway.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

He isn't the most annoying. Anyone that drafts him should know going in that if he breaks a nail he is going to be Day to day

The fact that we own him doesn't mean we are immune to getting annoyed @ these constant injuries

7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

So this is what owning Anthony Davis is like...

if you own anthony davis, the best thing to do is not follow his game in real time. you will lose your mind with how many times this guy goes to the locker room. Sometimes he comes back, sometimes he doesn't. To avoid mental issues, just avoid tracking him, and you'll be happy with the year ends numbers

last year he was a low risk guy becauese he was falling to end of round 1. If you are picking 10-12 and he is available, he is an easy pick, because the top 5 guys have an unfair advantage over the next few guys even in round 1, Anthony Davis balances that out because if healthy, he is the best fantasy player out there. He has been ranked #1 multiple times, and a consistent top 5 in per game too in per game basis. 

Edited by sya

1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

You can't underestimate the outrageous stupidity of this coaching staff.  40 minutes just a few days after a serious injury?  He was never fully healed and they run him into the ground anyway.

Totally agree. I mean we know AD is going to get banged up but this medial and or training staff and Gentry are just ridiculous. They say he won't be back until he is 100%...good to hear but now we all know what was BS. Minutes limit of 25...but hey it's OT so screw it let's play him 31 min and then ramp it up to 40 the next game. I get players wanna play, and you have to go at less than 100% a lot of the time but they have mishandled things numerous times...and they get paid good money to be like look man sit down because you aren't ready just yet. You also have to question how they take care of their players in order to prevent injury...because it just seems like crap happens on this team. Funny how Eric Gordon leaves and has been healthy for a year and half now. 

Edited by HK-47

The good news is hes likely to play...the bad news is NO medical staff are making the call.........

Davis said he was feeling good after shootaround, and that he "should be able to go" against Milwaukee barring a setback, but ultimately this decision will be made by Alvin Gentry and the Pelicans' medical staff. AD will need to go through his pregame routine before an official decision is made, but if he is able to get back out there, Darius Miller will return to the bench, and DeMarcus Cousins won't be quite as active on offense.

• Like 1