NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2017-2018

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FYI...there was a post here earlier that claimed to have "confirmed" a serious injury. Searching all of the usual suspects (Twitter, sports news sites, etc.) showed no recent update, so it doesn't app

Nice call, Doc.

Posted Images

I would just like to say, thank you Anthony Davis. Even though you missed a game this week, the three games that you did play amounted to enough for me to absolutely destroy my opponent, winning me the championship this year in my league. I am ecstatic. 

Edited by Rbra4176
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, Rbra4176 said:

I would just like to say, thank you Anthony Davis. Even though you missed a game this week, the three games that you did play amounted to enough for me to absolutely destroy my opponent, winning me the championship this year in my league. I am ecstatic. 

congrats, thats an early playoff. now you’ll be able to breathe a sigh of relief that you dodged the rest of his injury scares

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, brosephd said:

congrats, thats an early playoff. now you’ll be able to breathe a sigh of relief that you dodged the rest of his injury scares

Or he will get depressed earlier than others now that his fantasy season is over!

• Haha 2

I think Larry Sanders once had 10 blocks if I am not mistaken in 2012 or something. Its so rare getting even close to 10 blocks last 4, 5 years. Nobody nowadays don't play a lot of defense. Guys like Rudy, Myles, Embiid should average close to 4 blocks per game. Anyways, its hard for anyone now, 4 years guy like Larry could get 10 blocks!!! Effort

21 minutes ago, Mambamode said:

I think Larry Sanders once had 10 blocks if I am not mistaken in 2012 or something. Its so rare getting even close to 10 blocks last 4, 5 years. Nobody nowadays don't play a lot of defense. Guys like Rudy, Myles, Embiid should average close to 4 blocks per game. Anyways, its hard for anyone now, 4 years guy like Larry could get 10 blocks!!! Effort

Serge Ibaka did it a few times, back when he was an elite shot blocker. But it hasn't happened since Hassan Whiteside in 2016. Whiteside has done it twice actually, I vividly remember he also had a triple double with blocks during his breakout year, which was coincidentally also on a Sunday.

13 minutes ago, CFN said:

Serge Ibaka did it a few times, back when he was an elite shot blocker. But it hasn't happened since Hassan Whiteside in 2016. Whiteside has done it twice actually, I vividly remember he also had a triple double with blocks during his breakout year, which was coincidentally also on a Sunday.

I watched that game and Whiteside was an animal in the paint on both ends 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CFN said:

Somehow forgot about Whiteside! Whiteside block number has fallen since that year.

58 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Pelicans playing 3 consecutive games on 3/20, 3/21, 3/22  (Mavericks, Pacers, Lakers) then another game on Saturday 3/24

Likely to rest one of those games. 

Based on what? They haven’t been resting him and they’re still in the thick of the playoff race. Perhaps reduced minutes but I don’t see a rest day for any reason.

The only bonus with those 3 straight games are they are all home games, so no travel involved. but still, NBA should've found a way to fit that game in another date. They were so wary of scheduling too many B2Bs for teams this year, so they should have thought of that

• Like 2