NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2017-2018

19 hours ago, sya said:

The only bonus with those 3 straight games are they are all home games, so no travel involved. but still, NBA should've found a way to fit that game in another date. They were so wary of scheduling too many B2Bs for teams this year, so they should have thought of that

Maybe they said to themselves, "we were so wary of scheduling B2Bs this year, and we were rewarded with even more crazy injuries this year than last. F**k that sh*t"

Edited by DavidbivaD
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FYI...there was a post here earlier that claimed to have "confirmed" a serious injury. Searching all of the usual suspects (Twitter, sports news sites, etc.) showed no recent update, so it doesn't app

Nice call, Doc.

Posted Images

On 3/12/2018 at 4:34 PM, bhkim814 said:

Pelicans playing 3 consecutive games on 3/20, 3/21, 3/22  (Mavericks, Pacers, Lakers) then another game on Saturday 3/24

Likely to rest one of those games. 

On 3/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, Kb2432786 said:

Based on what? They haven’t been resting him and they’re still in the thick of the playoff race. Perhaps reduced minutes but I don’t see a rest day for any reason.

Well I said likely.

Looking at what happened to Cousins, If I were the Pelicans, I wouldn't risk another injury to a top 5 player in the league. Yes, the Pelicans are in the tight playoff race, but playing back to back to back takes a heavy toll on a player. 

AD owners should hope for 3 consecutive games with minutes in the lower 30's. Sheesh I''d take that any day. 

AD has 4 games in 5 nights this week. Realistically speaking, it's logical for AD to play 3 games in 5 nights than 3 games in 3 nights (unless we expect AD to play 4 games in 5 nights...Great job NBA). Good luck to all. 

2 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

Hoping he plays in all 3 even if it's on a minute restriction. 

15-20 mins of AD is more than enough given the situation. 

This would be stellar. Restricted minutes. NO in the center of a PO battle after all. But if any of these games becomes a blowout, dude will surely stay put.

No way he doesn't play. First of all he won't let anyone to tell him he is out so there is that. He will do whatever he wants and from what he has said in many interviews so far he will get out there and play as hard as he can because he cannot stand losing. He won't risk his team chances for the playoffs just to be cautious.

6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

So here's a scenario for you:

AD sits out a game this week.

Pelicans promptly lose said game.

Pelicans end up missing the playoffs by one game.

Yea he ain't restin

Or he plays in every game gets injured in the last game and everyone says how obvious it was that he should have been rested. Its very easily to talk hypothetically. 

3 hours ago, JLoson0550 said:

I mean he has to play because they are in a playoff BATTLE...sucks I miss this production (bye this week)..just hope he survives

i'm in this boat.... would love for this to be my finals week if I had AD, now that it doesn't matter I'm worried. 

3 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Or he plays in every game gets injured in the last game and everyone says how obvious it was that he should have been rested. Its very easily to talk hypothetically. 

Yea that scenario won't happen.

No one is going to say one of the leading MVP candidates should have sat out a game for rest during a contentious playoff race.

• Like 1