NBC Sports EDGE Forums

aaron gordon and joe ingles for pau gasol and favors

rotojoe

3 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

Pau and Favors easily. This shouldnt even be a question.

If at least one of them two ends up beaing healthy for the season, you got yourself a top 30 player. Aaron Gordon has no potential for that. 

I love how two people can see it so differently. Pau will not play enough minutes to sniff top 30 value even if he's healthy (age + Pop). 

Favors best season was 2014-15 when he was 43rd so don't see him as a top 30 even when healthy. He's played 73, 74, 62, 50 over the last 4 seasons and is also a FT issue. 

AG was top 41 per game last month of the season and is going into his 4th year. I'd much rather gamble on his upside.

11 minutes ago, chaiway said:

I love how two people can see it so differently. Pau will not play enough minutes to sniff top 30 value even if he's healthy (age + Pop). 

Favors best season was 2014-15 when he was 43rd so don't see him as a top 30 even when healthy. He's played 73, 74, 62, 50 over the last 4 seasons and is also a FT issue. 

AG was top 41 per game last month of the season and is going into his 4th year. I'd much rather gamble on his upside.

If Pau's healthy, he is basicly the dreamy C in a 9cat league since he has no notable weakness in his game. You people keep talking about the years and fail to see how they are doing on the court. Pau is in good condition since he ended up in the top 5 in Eurobasket.

Favors is a monster in fantasy when healthy, he brings solid rebounds, great FG, low TO's, steals, blocks, good points. He is shooting around 70% from the FT, on 4.3 attempts. Thats easy to put up with.

Aaron Gordon gives you solid rebounds and maybe points if things click. No steals, no assists, no blocks. A ghost in comparison.

Edited by dekciw_1

15 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

If Pau's healthy, he is basicly the dreamy C in a 9cat league since he has no notable weakness in his game. You people keep talking about the years and fail to see how they are doing on the court. Pau is in good condition since he ended up in the top 5 in Eurobasket.

Favors is a monster in fantasy when healthy, he brings solid rebounds, great FG, low TO's, steals, blocks, good points. He is shooting around 70% from the FT, on 4.3 attempts. Thats easy to put up with.

Aaron Gordon gives you solid rebounds and maybe points if things click. No steals, no assists, no blocks. A ghost in comparison.

I love Pau and have him on my team. If given minutes he can definitely put up big numbers, the challenge is the system in SA and Pop. 

His per 36 are still pretty comparable with a dip in Assists and Blocks but a rise in 3s. If he can get his blocks back up and play a few more minutes now that Dedmon and Lee aren't there then he'll crush his ADP. I still wouldn't expect top 30 but rather top 75 or maybe 60.

Gordon improved throughout the year and has a good shot at the 1/1/1. He got 1.2 3's, 1.2 stls, 0.8 blks over the last month of the season (15 gm sample).

Not expecting empty pts/rbs.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if a healthy favors necessarily means a 30mpg favors tho. The offense runs through Gobert, and if efficiency becomes an issue again, it's Favors thats going to find himself on the wrong side of 30minutes..similar to last season when the jazz had Iso-Joe playing Power forward to close out games next to Gobert. What we figured was due to favors knee, was actually a more efficient offense with 4 guys who can space the floor and open up things for Robert.

And Pau...i wonder what his numbers will look like this year when he DOESN'T hit 54% from 3pt range again...hope he won't find himself in Pops doghouse for it.

The upside is with AG..your talking about a player whos more than likely going to lead his team in minutes played and FG attempts per game on a given night versus 2 players when talking about their potential are both proceeded with the phrase "if he's healthy this year.....". That alone should tell you something 

A team. Pau is fun given the minutes, but that's not a situation you want to be in, even more so in Favor's case. It's ironic that Gordon is under some sort of ailment right now, but Pau and Favors seems like a monumental headache of concern in regards to if they'll play, and if they'll play meaningful minutes.