NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joe Ingles 2017-18 Season Outlook

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

only the Aussies here will get it, but trash talking Terrance Ferguson , calling himself the "Real King of Adelaide " is some of the funniest smack talk an NBA court has heard

No.    Hood - always injured Rubio - a pass first pg who replaced a shoot first in Hill Hayward - gone JJ - is another year older with a reduced role Mitch - is a rookie.

There's a couple of other players in the league who start games with 0/0/0 as well, I noticed.

Posted Images

I like how he finished with 11/5/6 with 2 steals and 3 threes

I don't like how he had 11/2/6 with 2 steals and 3 threes at halftime and added nothing to his box score in like 16 minutes of play.

Seems like someone who will put up a lot of 4 pts 2 rebs 2 assts box scores this year...

I wanted Ingles but settled for Hood.  Didn’t realize how big of a drop off it was.

Jingles looks much better in the pnr based on the little I saw.  

I realize Hood had the runs but not a good sign. Ingles seems like he will put up a steady 2 3s with 5-5-1 potential on steals.  

ingles has the potential to be a 2 3s 2 steal guy who can also get good assist numbers on occasion. dont see the downside for a guy u pick up for free

he was worth rostering for a good amount of last year and now hayward is gone

Edited by MarcoPol0
  • Like 1

As a starter last year -- 26 games not exactly a small sample size -- Ingles per game did 2 threes, 4 boards, 3.4 assists, and 1.6 steals.

Here's a list of guys last year who were in the "2-4-3.4-1.6 club"

Curry

Westbrook

CP3

Ingles

If you like even numbers and want to make it the 2-4-3-1.5 club instead then PG and Harden also make the cut.

Unicorn alert!

• Like 4
15 hours ago, alexstr said:

0/0/0 through the 2nd quarter.

This is exactly why I didn't start him.  

14 points on 5/8 (62.5%) shooting with 4 threes, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 turnover.

That's exactly why I started him.

If you can sell high, I would do it now.

Once Mitch/Hood gets settled in and get their minutes, he will not be this good due to the reduced role.

Also has been 11/17 (65%) on 3s thus far. This will drop, significantly. 

He is a fantastic piece in a 2 for 1 as the throw in. Some buy lows I have been targeting (with various levels of luck):

Jokic/Kyrie/Love.