NBC Sports Edge Forums

WHIR: Better stash? Foreman, Breida, Smallwood, T. West, CJ2K

15 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

So I'm in a full point PPR league and trying to decide which of these RBs is the better stash.

Dont'a Foreman

Matt Breida

Wendell Smallwood

Terrance West

Chris Johnson

I'd say the best "stashes" are the top 2 you listed (Foreman and Breida.)  

Foreman, to me, looks like the best stash.  

Smallwood, West, and Johnson should be on (desperate for RB) team's already.  

Texans coach Bill O'Brien views D'Onta Foreman as an every-down back.

Foreman is trending up with double-digit touches the last two weeks. He’s looked better than expected in the pass game and would have a workhorse role if Lamar Miller went down. Foreman doesn’t have a ton of standalone value, but is one of the top handcuffs in the league.
4 hours ago, CamNewton said:

So I'm in a full point PPR league and trying to decide which of these RBs is the better stash.

Dont'a Foreman

Matt Breida

Wendell Smallwood

Terrance West

Chris Johnson

I'd go with Smallwood only because he's closest to a regular every down role over the others.    Foreman is surging, but still the backup.   At this moment Smallwood's role is questionable for its volume, but he's likely to get used in both passing and early run situations.  Only thing he won't do is goal line, you'd assume with Blount there.   I love how Breida's looked so far, and love the Niners system for the RB.   Creative plays to get them the ball, not a lot of passing options.  Hyde is notoriously hurt.     I'd probably put Breida 2nd after Smallwood, then Foreman 3rd.