NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rudy Gobert 2017-2018 Season Outlook

JMASTERJ

1 minute ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

It’s probably a good news for Gobert owner if Favor leave utah for Mirotic..

More space in the paint for him because Mirotic likes to take some 3’s..

agree?

Totally. His rebounds should go up, and I see him easily leading the league in blocks if he can stay healthy (though admittedly it's a big if).

1 hour ago, rush007 said:

Totally. His rebounds should go up, and I see him easily leading the league in blocks if he can stay healthy (though admittedly it's a big if).

Here's the thing about Gobert's injuries this year - people conflate bad luck for being I just prone.  His first injury thus year was caused by Dion Waiters being reckless.   His second one was from his own team mate (favors) recklessly diving for a ball.  It's not as if he's breaking down or like Kawhi who takes months to recover from a hang nail.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gorgeous George said:

Here's the thing about Gobert's injuries this year - people conflate bad luck for being I just prone.  His first injury thus year was caused by Dion Waiters being reckless.   His second one was from his own team mate (favors) recklessly diving for a ball.  It's not as if he's breaking down or like Kawhi who takes months to recover from a hang nail.

I kind of agree those injuries are not necessary. Although I can argue that being a tall man like Gobert, he will always have higher risks to get leg/knee injuries than others.

But overall, I hope he can stay healthy for the remaining season!

Rudy Gobert (knee) was re-evaluated on Saturday and it was determined that he'll need to spend another 7-10 days on the sidelines.

Gobert has recently begun going through light practices with non-contact work, so he is making progress. That said, until he's going through 5-on-5, full-contact work, we can assume he's not close. Derrick Favors will continue to hold down the five-spot in his absence, with Thabo Sefolosha and Jonas Jerebko moving in and out of the starting five based on the matchup.

Jan 13 - 2:48 PM

44 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

Rudy Gobert (knee) was re-evaluated on Saturday and it was determined that he'll need to spend another 7-10 days on the sidelines.

Gobert has recently begun going through light practices with non-contact work, so he is making progress. That said, until he's going through 5-on-5, full-contact work, we can assume he's not close. Derrick Favors will continue to hold down the five-spot in his absence, with Thabo Sefolosha and Jonas Jerebko moving in and out of the starting five based on the matchup.

Jan 13 - 2:48 PM

Welp

Edited by necro892003

Rudy Gobert (knee) is probable for Friday's game against the Knicks.

Well hello there, Mr. Stifle Tower. Back on Jan. 13, Gobert was expected to be sidelined for 7-10 more days, so he'll beat that timetable by a day, assuming all goes well. This is obviously huge news for the Jazz and Gobert's patient fantasy owners. His return means guys like Derrick Favors, Jonas Jerebko, Joe Johnson and Ekpe Udoh will all be taking a noticeable hit.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, StatusQuo said:

What do you mean? Do you think he is going to rest or won't rest on the second night?

Not sure what he meant, but I took it to mean it's interesting because if he plays the first of a back to back, there's some chance he will play the second leg of it. I am not making much of it, but if he plays 20 minutes tonight and 25 tomorrow, and looks good, then we can probably figure Snyder and company know he is good to go, and we can assign him nearly full value in trade talks.

• Like 1

Rudy Gobert (knee) will play Friday night vs. the Knicks, but will have a minutes restriction.

Coach Quinn Snyder said he was unsure whether or not Gobert would start. Gobert told reporters that his minutes restriction would be largely based on his level of conditioning and fatigue. Rudy also said that he expects to play Saturday vs. the Clippers as well, barring soreness. It's probably best to steer clear of Rudy in DFS on Friday, but daily fantasy leaguers should feel confident deploying him. Derrick Favors, Jonas Jerebko (back), Joe Johnson and Ekpe Udoh will all see their playing time reduced.

Jan 19 - 1:33 PM

QONVIyz.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigBucks33 said:

I think he came back too quickly from the first injury..I am sure they will be cautious of him when he comes back. I am REALLY liking the idea of Mirotic being traded for Favors. 

he came back too quickly? the @#$@#$ Favors fall on his knees.

• Like 1